cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Refresh Upgrade!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a blackberry 8520 on simplicity 100 month contract with bolt-ons and i have just upgraded my phone using the refresh option via the website to a samsung galaxy s4 that is ment to be delivered some time tomorow. I have noticed that all the info of the blackberry has been replaced with the new contract and samsung info on my account and also the same number is also listed on the new contract.

Do i need to cancelmy old contract and bolt-ons myself or has this been done automaticly when they changed my info on the account, Also does this meen my number has been registered to the new device for me.

Just dont want any surprises a month down the line like finding out that im paying for two contracts.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know how to us this 02 refresh. How long do you have to wait after starting a contract if you saw another phone you want? Do you have to pay up the old contract?

Once you have paid for the handset part of the contract you can upgrade.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It doesn't matter how long you have had a contract, you just pay off the handset to upgrade, even after one day if you wish. Many people did this to get the latest iphone as it was cheaper to pay off the handset and then get a sim only contract.

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

From how i understand it with my 02 Refresh, If you pay off the value of the handset you will be able to upgrade again, This however does not effect your monthly charge regarding the airtime bill. So as long as you pay the Device plan (Settlement amount) you will be able to upgrade once it is put on the system. You can view the outstanding balance via your online account under Device Plan. Hope this helps!! 8-)

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Flagged my posts in this thread to be removed by moderators.

Clearly pick on piperdog week
Message 14 of 16

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Anonymous not me I wouldnt pick on you as I think you give great adivce on here slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you my sweet. Really nice of you @blissgirl

Recently it hasn't felt like it on here (not from you I must add) hence my comments on this and a couple of other threads. 

Message 16 of 16