cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do when order taken but delivery not made ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i online ordered an item (order ms-[removed]), receive an SMS from both O2 and UKMail (O2's couriers) that item will be delivered on 5th Jan; consignment **Personal info**

5th Jan arrives and no delivery, UKMail and O2 send out another SMS stating delivery will be on 8thJan.

8th Jan arrives and no delivery. O2 live chat contacted (several times) and actually told I need to sort this out with UKMail directly even though UKMail's procedure clearly states only the sender can complain ( 

https://ukmail.com/docs/default-source/help-support-documents/raising-a-mail-concern.pdf?sfvrsn=2 ).

UKMail again state 9th Jan delivery.

9th Jan arrives and no delivery.

O2 contacted on their 0344 number and told they will ring me back after investigating; of course no one bothered; it actually cost me money to ring them so they can again do nothing !

What does one do now ?  I cannot make UKMail deliver and their site is now saying item is out for delivery on the 9th even though today is the 10th !

Official complaint raised with O2 whose acknowledgement email stated they may contact me directly, but of course this also did not happen.

Then i actually get a survey through asking how I'm enjoying the phone i purchased, brilliant !  

Do these people actually attend some special course to become this stupid ? or is it part of the job description.  

I have all the evidence, all emails, all SMS, all case numbers all phone calls etc...so I challenge ANY O2 person reading this who actually still cares about customer service, tell me what I can do besides just allowing you to get away with my money and delivering nothing.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
so item was finally delivered on Wed 10th Jan, 5 days late.
Lessons learnt:
1. Automated procedures are not intelligent at all, e.g. why would a survey about an item be asked for when that item has not even yet been delivered, surely the automated procedure should first interface with the courier's site and check whether a delivery signature is available. If the courier's site cannot provide this interface, then change the courier - simples.
2. Customer service should be more proactive and not let an issue foster without a resolution.
3. The courier is not your customer so they're not going to care too much about your frustration.
4. O2's systems should check with the courier's site (now here's a good reason for an automated system) if delivery is confirmed within stated date/time. If not, O2 themselves, as the courier's customer, should raise a query on what went wrong and not wait for the customer to go through the hassle i had to go through to get it resolved.
5. Never, ever order high-cost items online, there's too many things that can go wrong without enough working safeguards; there are procedures for what to do if/when things go wrong but those procedure do not always work in practice.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
We'd suggest you complain through Resolver from this link, if you haven't done so already https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
and the only ones here with any chance of assisting you further are @Marjo or @Martin-O2
Good luck !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

like i said, official complaint through the link you suggested already actioned but they have already failed in not ringing me back, as they themselves suggested in their return email acknowledging the raising of the complaint. I really don't hold out much hope for them ever resolving it. I only advertise this just to show that things can, and do, go wrong and you are left with no recourse. All the best procedures in the world amount to zilg if people decide to not follow them. If a senior person looks at this (with all the evidence I have accumulated) we will get the usual 'we would like to apologise to our customer...procedures will be updated....never happen again..blah..blah..blah' I'm sure all of us have heard all these excuses enough times on the telly on programs like X-ray or Watchdog.

Image if i had purchased a 1000 pounds Iphone from them and this had happened !

I am advertising this in as many places as i can because (a) there's is nothing else i can do since whatever is supposed to solve this is clearly not working and (b) for others to be careful with online purchases and relying on O2's procedures to safeguard them.

Like I said, I have all the evidence and a look at it will clearly show how O2 fail their customers.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
But registered complaint with Resolver?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved will get quicker results & o2 complaints procedures take between 7-10 days before any response is heard 

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
thankyou all who replied. I have now opened a case on resolver also. So that's complaint, resolver, phone call, live chat, emails, courier case; you never know maybe one one of them will work, but i doubt it.
Message 6 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear about your delivery not arriving in time. 😞 We can see if there's anything we could do on our end to speed things up for you or get more info - I'll drop you a PM (private message here on the forum) shortly to discuss in more detail.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
so i got an acknowledgement email from resolver stating they will contact me, but how are they going to do that ? when you open the resolver case you are asked for a phone number so i entered the one that is quoted with the online order, but this has never been delivered so i cannot answer it. I have replied and noted that i changed the number to a live O2 one which i will be able to anwer.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
so item was finally delivered on Wed 10th Jan, 5 days late.
Lessons learnt:
1. Automated procedures are not intelligent at all, e.g. why would a survey about an item be asked for when that item has not even yet been delivered, surely the automated procedure should first interface with the courier's site and check whether a delivery signature is available. If the courier's site cannot provide this interface, then change the courier - simples.
2. Customer service should be more proactive and not let an issue foster without a resolution.
3. The courier is not your customer so they're not going to care too much about your frustration.
4. O2's systems should check with the courier's site (now here's a good reason for an automated system) if delivery is confirmed within stated date/time. If not, O2 themselves, as the courier's customer, should raise a query on what went wrong and not wait for the customer to go through the hassle i had to go through to get it resolved.
5. Never, ever order high-cost items online, there's too many things that can go wrong without enough working safeguards; there are procedures for what to do if/when things go wrong but those procedure do not always work in practice.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
In all honesty, you’ve said nothing we didn’t already know.
If you search the forum you will see we always advise against ordering anything online from o2 but overall, glad you are sorted out eventually and that this ****** up can be put to bed, finally.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11