cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 offered me an additional 8GB on top of my already 8gb if I topped up. I haven't received this

Peaky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 offered me "Double data" for topping up this month and they have not given me this promised data. I get 8gb with my £10 big bundle and they offered me an extra 8gb if I topped up so I did and I haven't received this

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148660 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

@Peaky 

It usually takes a few days to arrive.

Call 4445 if you don't get it.

Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

Peaky
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the third time today I find myself here trying to get my double data. I took the advice of @MI5 and contacted O2 The person of the phone told me that this simply didn't exist which is a blatant lie as I have been offered this multiple times in the past and have always gotten my extra data. This time I have not gotten it and I haven't a clue what's going on. For context I got the message telling me I have the extra data at 14:02 today and I can use it until 20th August before my next data big bundle.

Message 3 of 14

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7754 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Truth is there is absolutely nothing we can do here. Everyone is a customer like you. We have no special access to O2 systems 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 148660 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

Stay on 1 thread mate as it just causes duplications of answers.

You'll get the same response every time as there's nothing we can do here, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 14

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8848 Posts
  • 198 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Did you have messages from O2 along these lines @Peaky ? The second message will, in your case, probably be the one that you mentioned as being at 14:02 today :-

Oxonian_0-1721587503400.jpeg

If that is what you got, I would not have thought that you would expect to see your bonus data on MyO2 or by texting BALANCE to 20202. From my experience, the bonus data is only utilised once you have completely used both this month's bundled data plus any data that you brought forward.

If you want to check that once this month's data has been used, you need to contact O2. I suggest that you message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team is based in the UK and has a good reputation for solving problems. But send them screenshots of your text messages so that they can fully understand what you are referring to. 👍 

Message 6 of 14

Peaky
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes this is exactly what I got from O2 my big bundle data is gone. So I try and use my data to use my bonus data and I get not connected/no internet. Thanks for the suggestion to chase them up on socials I will get on that now 

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 148660 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

It's quicker to call @Peaky 

The social media teams can take a few days to respond and I guess you'll need data sooner than that.

Message 8 of 14

Peaky
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did call and I was told that double data / bonus data wasn't a thing. Sorry to say but they were no help

Message 9 of 14

Peaky
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They sounded quite confused. Even after emailing screenshots of messages

Message 10 of 14