Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go service.

Luke35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if this is true that o2 mite close there pay as service as I went into the o2 store and they told me that the pay as you go service mite get closed down sometime into future as there they mite closing there 4g service and concentrate on there 5g service and as there pay as you go is a 4g service they wont be able to keep there pay as you go service going?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Luke35 

Maybe, maybe not.

We've speculated the same here as they now have giffgaff giving 5g and wifi calling etc and there's no money in it for O2.

No one here will know for definite though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Luke35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh ok it's just I have not heard anything from o2 them salf I only heard about it from the o2 store them salf about it.

Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11264 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Luke35 

The rumours have been around for a while across the industry that not just o2 but other networks might close their PAYG offerings, and leave these to Virtual Networks such as GiffGaff, Voxi and Smarty (these are all owned by the Networks)...

And to be honest I can see it coming sooner than we all think...  but we could all be wrong... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 11

Luke35
  • 24 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They wont be able to close there pay as you go service with letting there customers know first.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Rest assured you will be told and I assume automatically given the choice to move to giffgaff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

They will need to make a move on 4G Calling if they are going to keep PAYG.

giffgaff say it will take 4 months to supply it to all their customers and O2 have many more. There is only 5 months to the start of O2's 3G shutdown, so O2 will have to move soon one way or another.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

No chance of that ever happening.

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Luke35 wrote:

They wont be able to close there pay as you go service with letting there customers know first.

There is likely to be advance notification of sorts when O2 stop accepting new PAYG customers.

That will signal the beginning of the end. 👍

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

As said

Message 10 of 11