Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone no network

Dawn6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I bought a new phone for my mum in February it is only a basic Nokia 105 but it says she can only make emergency calls do I need to activate the sim card? How do I do this
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Dawn6 

You activate a payg phone by topping up the sim card Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Note that first top up must be done with a voucher and you need to send a text, top up or make a call at least once every 6 months to keep it active.

If it has been disconnected through lack of use, you'll need to call O2 to reactivate it Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Dawn6 , how are you getting on today? 

It would be great to hear if you managed to get your mum's phone working ok after you last posted. Did you need any further advice with this?

Message 3 of 3