Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic pay as you go

Angevin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I right that the terms for Classic PAYG Tariff have changed meaning that even if you make one call in a 6 month period your number will be disconnected unless you top up or have a bolt on? In effect you are being forced to have a bolt on for a months duration as a minimum or pay £10 to top up in order to keep your number?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

Mexican Wave

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 24

saqi
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Appreciate the correspondence @KeithR! Guessing nothing has changed since?

Message 22 of 24

KeithR
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To answer your question, @saqi, not much has changed. I make one voice call of <1min every quarter. Not sure if this is strictly necessary but I just view it as a 12p p.a. insurance against being disconnected! I top up £10 roughly once a year which goes on a few texts and data when there's no free wifi around. For me, the classic payg is perfect and, I think, the cheapest option for a very light user like myself.

(Sadly, switching to classic payg is no longer offered by o2.)

Message 23 of 24

saqi
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @KeithR!

I'm in the same boat as you and working from home means even less need of using anything.

I was able to get on to the tariff by purchasing SIMs that are already on this tariff on eBay, they seem to be expiring next month so glad I was able jump ship in time slight_smile

I've tested it out by sending a text and saw only 2p come off my balance so can confirm they are still in use if you can get a hold of the SIM

Message 24 of 24