Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic PAYG top-up drain

Wobbly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did my first £10 top-up. First time I looked at the credit on-line it says £9.74. I far as I can tell I used the SIM in 2 devices

1st device

Received 2 txts

2nd device

Received 2 txt

Sent 3 txt

Sent 5KB data

Not sure where 26p went! Is there a way to see what data/txt was registered by the network as that granularity doesn't seem available from the o2 web site for Classic PAYG - just a balance in £ 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Wobbly Credit for data use is “reserved” when data is used. At the end of each day the actual data charges are calculated and deducted from the reserved amount. Your credit balance is then updated to reflect actual usage. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122765 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Wobbly

Not sure either as no one here can see your account.

Did you send a MMS https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/ba-p/1014132

If not you need to call customer services on 4445 and see whats happened...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Wobbly Credit for data use is “reserved” when data is used. At the end of each day the actual data charges are calculated and deducted from the reserved amount. Your credit balance is then updated to reflect actual usage. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Movement
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
how do you change from monthly contract to pay as you go, there is no visible option on My02 account to do this despite other posts misinforming or either they hide it to make it difficult??
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Movement You need to call customer service as it requires a change to your billing platform. 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Wobbly
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah ok, thanks.

Message 6 of 8

Movement
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do they say you can do it via My O2 what a waste of time!

Thanks for your reply, but I thinnk I'll move to a more helpful and effective provider than Telefonica

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93152 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions