Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivity criteria for sim disconnection

rivergo1d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could I just summarise what is required to stop a SIM being disconnected, as I've seen a few different versions over the years.

1. My understanding from the current terms and conditions is that a chargeable event needs to occur every 6 months. This means a call, text, or data usage. I also understand from forum posts and personal experience that a topup is required every 999 days, although I cannot find this in the T&Cs. I have been confused by some forum posts saying a topup is required as little as every 6 months, but I am not convinced this is necessary?

2. For the O2 classic 3-2-1 tariff, the landing page says a topup is required every 6 months, but this has not been my personal experience and I see no pecific T&Cs for this. Is O2 classic subject to the same generic rules as in (1) above?

3. Does an airtime rewards topup count as a topup for sim continiuty purposes? I ask because it never triggers O2 Rewards cashback or £3-bonus-if-you-topup-£10 which I am texted occasionally, so I figure it may also not keep the inactivity hounds at bay. 

Thanks for any clarification!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146767 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@rivergo1d 

The confusion is due to different requirements for different tariffs.

Your 321 sim is a legacy tariff and as such requires a chargeable call (not text) at least once every 6 months and a top up every 999 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146767 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@rivergo1d 

The confusion is due to different requirements for different tariffs.

Your 321 sim is a legacy tariff and as such requires a chargeable call (not text) at least once every 6 months and a top up every 999 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2