Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic PAYG SIM used for data charges

Wibbly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Classic PAYG data plan says "Your Top Up balance will be deducted after every 20MB block of data usage or if the data session is ended (whichever happens first). There is a minimum charge of 1p per data session. The cost of each data session is rounded up to the nearest whole penny."

What happens when I'm sending small amounts of data (10's of kilobytes), but the phone goes in an out of coverage during the day? Does this mean there are multiple sessions and and I keep getting charged 1p even though I have not exceeded a MB of data?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Yes correct @Wibbly

Web daily doesn't apply to that tariff btw.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Wibbly technically, yes, but in reality, all data use is rolled up around midnight everyday and your balance is adjusted accordingly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wibbly Web daily on payg is £1  each day unless you turn mobile data off

Message 3 of 6

Wibbly
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks  So as long as I send less than 1MB a day, even if the device is powered off between data transfers, I`ll get charged 1p and that will also ensure the SIM stays active indefinitely so long as it has credit?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Yes correct @Wibbly

Web daily doesn't apply to that tariff btw.....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Wobbly
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moved to new topic

Message 6 of 6