Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic PAYG Sims by post

RayJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a  free Classic PAYG Sim on the 5th of May but I didn't arrive so I ordered another one on the 15th but it hasn't arrived either.

Is there an email address I can contact O2 about this? It's not worth my time calling a phone number, choosing from a menu just to wait half an hour to speak to someone about this.

This kind of thing is so much simpler at Giffgaff. You just send a private message and hear back from someone within 24 hours. If O2 has something similar I can't find it.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @RayJ  There is no email address to contact O2 on....It would actually be far quicker if you popped into an O2 store and picked up one from there.

Not as convenient, but definitely quicker in the long run

Best of luck wink

Edited to add you could use live chat....but then you would still have the wait for the sim https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @RayJ  There is no email address to contact O2 on....It would actually be far quicker if you popped into an O2 store and picked up one from there.

Not as convenient, but definitely quicker in the long run

Best of luck wink

Edited to add you could use live chat....but then you would still have the wait for the sim https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

RayJ
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't get live chat to work. I think I will follow your advice and just go to the O2 shop.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You could try a little later for Live Chat...or try them via the complaints link in the contact us section

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

However you definitely will get one more quickly by going instore...Best of luck @RayJ

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I ordered a sim recently and it arrived the next day. Do you live in a flat with a shared address or is it a new property etc?
Can you get it sent to a different address at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@RayJ If you have a store nearby you'd be much better off going in. I'd listen to @Cleoriff's advice. Live Chat is normally pretty useless, and you'd have to wait for it to be sent anyway. Earliest you'd get it now would be Monday. If you go in store you can walk out with your sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely a trip to a shop or get it delivered to a family member whose property isn't a new build or would need the poor postman to climb steps or use his vast knowledge to actually look for the address. 

Message 7 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @RayJ, how are you getting on with this? Did you go to the O2 Store in the end and received your new SIM?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 11

RayJ
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went to the O2 shop. Got my sim.

Still curious why the internet sims didn't arrive. I have ordered a couple of payg phones from O2 in the past and they arrived promptly.

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RayJ wrote:

I went to the O2 shop. Got my sim.

Still curious why the internet sims didn't arrive. I have ordered a couple of payg phones from O2 in the past and they arrived promptly.

Good to hear @RayJ. Far quicker as we said...not as convenient ...but there you go...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11