cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are O2 customer services unable to help 'Classic PAYG' customers?

wiganken
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My phone SIM is a ‘Classic Pay As You Go’ type and I am trying to get O2 to disable balance notification pop-ups that are shown after every call.

I rang customer services (4445 using my O2 phone) three times. The first two times were answered by someone in India and it was difficult to understand what they were saying. I persevered for 20 minutes each time (being patient and courteous) but each time I was left on hold and forced to end the call. No racism intended but it really is impractical trying to communicate effectively to someone who speaks English with a strong Indian accent. They understand me but I cannot understand them.

The third time (hoping to speak to a UK call centre) I rang early in the morning at 08:01 hours but was still answered by someone in India and I asked to be transferred to a UK call centre but they said they could only transfer me to a ‘Pay monthly’ UK call centre so I said “okay”. The line went silent and I was left unable to speak to anyone for 10 minutes so, again I was forced to end the call.

All three times I was forced to hang up due to silence from them and nothing happening.

I really want these pop-ups to stop but (reading between the lines) it seems that customer services are unable to help ‘Classic PAYG’ customers. It seems that they need a customer ‘Pay monthly’ account in order to carry out adjustments. Is my guesswork correct?

Is there any guaranteed way to stop the balance notification pop-ups or do I have to live with the annoyance?

O2 Notification.png

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

It's all about perception.

We know from figures published in January that O2 were the highest complained about mobile provider (and ironically, Virgin the most complained about BB supplier).

O2's complaints run at 0.6 % of customers, SKY (and EE) was best at 0.2% 

Proving it's not the network that is the issue.

If O2 fix the easy 80% they suddenly go from the worst to best...... Simples.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 24

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

It's all about perception.

We know from figures published in January that O2 were the highest complained about mobile provider (and ironically, Virgin the most complained about BB supplier).

O2's complaints run at 0.6 % of customers, SKY (and EE) was best at 0.2% 

Proving it's not the network that is the issue.

If O2 fix the easy 80% they suddenly go from the worst to best...... Simples.

Agreed @MI5, but I am not sure that O2 really want to fix the easy 80 per cent ; they do not seem to care. 😀 

Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

That's exactly my point.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 24

wiganken
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Today I got an automated email from the community asking me "Did you get the answer you needed?" and then asks me to accept an answer. See photo.

I am unable to accept answers that suggest I keep banging my head against a brick wall by keeping on ringing 4445 to try and get some sense out of someone who cannot speak English clearly and then they leave me hanging on to a silent phone line. I am sure they are instructed to not help Classic PAYG customers and, by the sound of things they don't seem to be helping others either.

So, no I will not be accepting any solutions currently suggested and I am unlikely to revisit this thread after this. The only reason I am continuing with O2 is because Classic PAYG is otherwise perfect for my use but I don't think I will be ringing 4445 again.

O2 Community email.png

Message 14 of 24

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Good luck

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 24

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9379 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@wiganken 

I assume that you have realised that this Community is a customer to customer forum and that, whilst we can make suggestions, we cannot actually do anything to help you - we do not have access to O2's customer accounts. 

Hence, there will be times that the best and only advice that we can give to you is to persevere with trying to contact O2. 👍  

Message 16 of 24

lukefowler44262
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have called customer services 3 times about balance notifications today, problem still not fixed, i got so frustrated that i shouted and swore at customer services and on the second call they tried to sell me a contract

Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@lukefowler44262 wrote:

i have called customer services 3 times about balance notifications today, problem still not fixed, i got so frustrated that i shouted and swore at customer services and on the second call they tried to sell me a contract

Shouting and swearing is sure to get the desired attention of the adviser and get the result you wanted

Advisers are people just like customers are

I would have barred your phone!

Message 18 of 24

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

"I would have barred your phone!"

Just beat me to it there.

Still, our Luke is back after a reasonable hiatus.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 19 of 24

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 20 of 24