Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 webmail

carriejones
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't been able to access my o2 webmail since Sunday.  When I click on the webmail icon under my o2, the website just 'hangs' and nothing happens.  I'm really needing to access some important expected emails.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Sky were encouraging everyone to take a Sky email address which is hosted on their own servers.
The agreement was that the o2 email would remain for the foreseeable future for those customers who migrated to Sky but at a reduced capacity.
Anyone who didn't switch their BB to Sky had no guarantees at all regarding access to o2 email.
o2 have been progressively turning off email accounts since the BB sell off and we all knew the day would come when the servers were shut down completely.
It has been 2 years now and no reason remains for o2 to keep them on and maintained anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

There's also no reason for anyone to say they didn't know, or they weren't notified. This has been common knowledge for more than two years. Everyone was notified. If the email was ignored or not taken notice of, that isn't O2's responsibility.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

There's also no reason for anyone to say they didn't know, or they weren't notified. This has been common knowledge for more than two years. Everyone was notified. If the email was ignored or not taken notice of, that isn't O2's responsibility.

All true. I have been reading back on the first thread posted here (when Think BB made the announcement Aug 2013) http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Email-Webmail-to-close/td-p/510096/page/7

The external links contained in the thread have obviously been archived now ...as they were 'old news'....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
try now I just got in after 2 days. forward your emails to a new account and move all exisiting emails. good luck!!
Message 14 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys, As I said earlier, if anyone is having issues, please contact customer service slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this email hassle permanent or tempory does anyone know?

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous as the first notice of closure went out in Sept 2013 it probably is wise now to move to another email provider. It has been a staggered shut down but we have seen so many complaints on here over the past 3 days then it must be nearly ended. The servers are no longer supported.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have same problem with both PC and laptop.Have been using Windows Internet Explorer, but managed to get through to O2 webmail by logging on via both Google and Windows Live Mail. For how long I wonder..?

BigCol

Message 18 of 18