cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock my phone o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sorry to be a pain but cant ring unless i want to sit 30 mins can't email ect but my old phone was never purchase through o2 i bought it the same day as i paid the o2 HTC phone off under refresh.

now upgraded to anothe new phone and given my old private purchased phone ro my grandson oly to find its locked to 02. filled out unlock my phone ect cant send phone via new phone, cant send it by my ipad my laptop says its not me. the forms come back saying cant be me. ? ??? 

My be I should be gald that it realy is not me and ack a bag and become some one else but dilema is how do i get my phone unlocked from o2 for my grandson? any one had this silly run around.

gateful for help

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this guide to make sure you are doing everything correctly

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network

Various ways to contact O2 here...

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this guide to make sure you are doing everything correctly

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network

Various ways to contact O2 here...

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Fill out the form or call CS.
You could try live chat but I wouldn't recommend it tbh.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK-YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO ME

I did follow the format my problem was the form I need to send wont ling via my phone so used the lap top to link but for some silly reason when contacting o2 via that format they dont recognise me at all. even though i can look into my account they emailed me back saying dont have my emal address ??? so decline unlock  silly I know because how come they use it.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I don't know what's gone wrong but try calling cs on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

many thanks will do but all lines are busy and chat is the same so will wait for a quiet spot hopefully one will aprear and I hope its realy me that speaks.

just trying to be upbeat.

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
First thing in the morning is the best time.
Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I contacted o2 an paid to have the phone unlocked by them but after 2 weeks I've received to word as to whether my phone is successfully unlocked. I'm really confused as to what my options are as I had the phone unlocked because I've moved from the country. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I contacted o2 an paid to have the phone unlocked by them but after 2 weeks I've received to word as to whether my phone is successfully unlocked. I'm really confused as to what my options are as I had the phone unlocked because I've moved from the country. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

What phone?

If it's an iPhone you just need to put a non o2 sim in and connect to iTunes.

If any other phone you should receive a code via email so check your spam too in case it went in there.

If non of the above contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi if you are abroad you will need to contact customer services and ask whats happened to the unlock

This is the number to phone from abroad.....(for pay monthly customers...)  +44 3448090202 Free

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13