Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 webmail

carriejones
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven't been able to access my o2 webmail since Sunday.  When I click on the webmail icon under my o2, the website just 'hangs' and nothing happens.  I'm really needing to access some important expected emails.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Do a quick search on the forum and you will see other threads indicating that o2 has closed down its email servers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. Although o2 have closed their email accounts if you have broadband through Sky you are supposed to be able to access your emails. I have had this before and it righted itself in a day, however this is now going on for 3 days and is VERY annoying. I tried chatting to o2 but don't think the lad had a clue!
Message 4 of 18

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You just have to hope it's a temporary fault. If it is then take this as a sign and change provider.

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having the same issue.  I rang Sky yesterday and they told me it does not affect my email account with O2 having Sky broadband.  O2 told me also that Sky need to reset the password????  I really need access to my emails and it it becoming increasingly annoying for the past 3 days!

Message 6 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys and welcome to the community.

Please talk to customer service about this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem no email for three days. I have used O2 webmail for years both before and after the switch to Sky Broadband. Finding out what is going on is a nightmare no-one seems to know anything useful. On a previous occasion  for a similar problem I spent hours on the phone to both Sky and O2.

The problem eventually resolved but I never knew what had happened or why.

I am now about to switch to another supplier who on the face of it is more reliable.

Message 8 of 18

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
When Sky took over didn't they cover that your O2 Webmail would only be accessible for a set period of time (circa 12 months)? I could be wrong, I just have some recollection of reading this somewhere...
Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having exactly the same problem no email for three days. I have used O2 webmail for years both before and after the switch to Sky Broadband. Finding out what is going on is a nightmare no-one seems to know anything useful. On a previous occasion  for a similar problem I spent hours on the phone to both Sky and O2.

The problem eventually resolved but I never knew what had happened or why.

I am now about to switch to another supplier who on the face of it is more reliable.

I think you have made a very wise decision @Anonymous (about switching to another email provider)..Always better to do it whilst you have access to all your contacts which can be transferred

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18