cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i tell which contacts are saved to sim or phone. Sim is for a new phone. All need to be Sim

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The Select Board has jammed , This should be under Android.  Also there is no box showing to tick for email notification.

How can i tell which conyacts are saved to Sim.   Which arent . 

Where do i find out of the old phone

How do i save them all to sim

Under what setting area do i set new phone to save to sim 

Is it safe to download sim contacts onto new phone  or leave them to sim

Thanks hope you can help  and sorry abut the jammoing of the board titles 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

No modern phones save to sim by default so all will likely be on your phone.

Android phones automatically backup contacts to Google so when you login to any device with your Google ID, your contacts are available to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

No modern phones save to sim by default so all will likely be on your phone.

Android phones automatically backup contacts to Google so when you login to any device with your Google ID, your contacts are available to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sounds easy . If you recall I have an amplicomms M9500. It has a system for older and hard of hearing people , plus switching to Android.   

Later this evening I will set up the new phone to see whether I can find the Google account.  With or without Sim i wonder? I guess Whats App will cough up the numbers Ive always had as well

A few months ago 1 -3 tel nos seemed to disappear maybe they will resurrect.

If there are any tips on set up as always I'd be grateful. The manual is good and theres supposed to be help page on the phone.  The previous phone had phone a friend which was of no use to me.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jenny105 

No need for the sim to be in to setup the phone with your Google account but it will be required to setup WhatsApp and yes, as long as you're using the same phone number, your WhatsAp chats will be restored.

You need to check in WhatsApp settings that you have backup turned on first though and set it on and do a backup if not.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4