Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Unlocking Samsung Note 8

Hi

I have received an email from O2 to unlatch my Samsung Note 8 (8 Digits) after inputting a non O2 sim in to the device and entering this code I get a 'Network Request Failure' message.

I'm not willing to keep entering this code as I'm aware that the phone will be permanently locked to O2.

In addition to this having read some other posts this code should be 12 - 16 digits long not 8.

I requested the code through the Unlock my device page.

Many thanks

Adrian
Highlighted
Topics: 572
Solutions: 3,818

Re: Unlocking Samsung Note 8

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the tag @jonsie ! Happy to try get some help from our Gurus for you @Adeydady - I'll need some additional information to be able to pass this on so I'll drop you a Private Message shortly to discuss further! Hang in there. Smiley Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi again @Adeydady , we've just received a master code from Samsung and I've sent you a PM with it - hoping it will work but feel free to reply to my PM if you have any further issues. Smiley Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature