Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail problems

JayDee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope I explain this correctly and in an understandable way?

I recently changed my device and tariff, and since then the way my voicemail works has changed. before, if I missed any calls I would get a call from '901' to retrieve my messages. After three missed calls from '901' I would simply get a text letting me know I have new messages and to call '901' to retrieve them. The calls and texts were always displayed as being from '901'. This all worked fine

Since my tariff changed my voicemail has too. Now the number that calls me to retrieve voicemails has changed from '901' to '07802 000000'? I also now no longer get a text after three missed calls from this new number. I originally didn't answer as I wanted to check this number, which in most cases showed as suspicious. I checked my call settings - supplementary services - call forwarding - voice call, which showed the number calls are forwarded to as being '+447802 091901'. I changed this back to just '901' and saved, but they instantly reverted back to '+447802 091901'.

I tested the set up by missing some calls and waiting for '07802 000000' to call which I answered. It was my voicemail, but the messages were all over the place and in some cases one message in three parts. It also stated that every message was 4 minutes long which wasn't the case. Stranger still it even played back my own personal greeting as a message?

I then called the numbers. '07802 000000' dials as an unrecognised number, and '07802 091901' dials as unreachable? I can still call '901' however to retrieve voicemail in the normal way and all works correctly, unlike when I answer the calls from the '07802' number.

Is there a way to get back to how it was before, with '901' being both the number that calls me for voicemail, and the number I call out for voicemail?

I spoke to o2 technical a couple of times and they say it's all normal and the way it's always been. That's not the case at all, and they even said they had never heard of '901' being their voicemail number...eh??

Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@JayDee 

Voicemail help here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

JayDee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 . I have tried swithing it on and off using 1750 and 1760. I have also used ##002# to delete the MMI code and start from scratch, but it all just reverts back to how it is?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Doesn't sound like anything we can fix.
I'll tag admin to.see if they can help @Martin-O2 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

JayDee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  Many thanks. I am just a little concerned that when I spoke to o2 they had never heard of these numbers, and even stranger said they hadn't heard of the '901' being o2's voicemail??

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5

@JayDee I can get someone to look into this one for you. I'll need some details so I'll drop you a message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6