cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing my monthly account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been on monthly bills for time now and never missed a payment but just tryed to refresh and upgrade to include samsung s with lower data usage that ended up cheaper only to be told i failed credit check and did not qualify for monthly billing.what.i still got my account active.anyone pls explain
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It sounds like you weren't actually putting it through as an upgrade, but a new connection.
You are best off visiting a store and upgrading there, you'll be sorted in 10 minutes and can walk out with the phone you want.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It sounds like you weren't actually putting it through as an upgrade, but a new connection.
You are best off visiting a store and upgrading there, you'll be sorted in 10 minutes and can walk out with the phone you want.
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As @viridis says it really is far quicker to go instore and get the model of phone you want there and then. If this isn't an option then you need to ring customer services and speak to someone http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. Or did you try to upgrade through My O2? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
How were you trying to upgrade. Online or live chat or by calling CS?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

There's no credit check for an upgrade but there would be by taking an additional contract which is what seems to have happened. 

Message 5 of 5