cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering iTunes vouchers: invalid email address?

Jonk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone ordered iTunes voucher recently?

Tried to order an iTunes voucher but keep getting an error (for all my email addresses): "Sorry, but that email doesn't seem to be valid email or there was an error". 

To test this, go to "http://www.o2vouchers.co.uk/", type in an email address and it will be rejected. Seems to me the web server is broken. Anyone had success?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Might be worth you calling customer service to report the issue http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 85

Jonk
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, MI5. I did chat with them but they had no clue:-( They said it was a problem with Boku (the payment processor) but Boku said that it is O2 who is responsible for the email checking. It is difficult to find which O2 department is in charge of this.

As there are some O2 people who frequent this community, I was hoping that one of them might help to point me to the right department/people...

Message 3 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jonk wrote:

Thanks, MI5. I did chat with them but they had no clue:-( They said it was a problem with Boku (the payment processor) but Boku said that it is O2 who is responsible for the email checking. It is difficult to find which O2 department is in charge of this.

As there are some O2 people who frequent this community, I was hoping that one of them might help to point me to the right department/people...

@Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieTare you able to help @Jonk with this one?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 85

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention slight_smile

@Jonk I'm sending you a quick PM now to see if we can find out more about what's happening!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 85

Jonk
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all for your help.

Emilie, I have PMed you the details. If you need any more details, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 85

Superbreakfast
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm also having the same problem. Please could you issue a fix?
Message 8 of 85

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Superbreakfast wrote:
I'm also having the same problem. Please could you issue a fix?

I'll tag @EmilieT for you who I'm sure will be in touch with you for more info.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 85

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I’ve had hourendous problems with getting them and don’t bother even trying to speak to Boku or who ever it is.

I requested £25 got the sms and then accidentally deleted it.  My fault, so I thought just request it again.  Nope your not allowed as it said sorry you have spent too much.  Too much on what, I’ve spent nothing as I didn’t use it.

contacted Helpline,  waist of time.  Yes they can see my transaction but can’t help, sorry o2 are the one that’s the fault in stopping you buying too much, but I didn’t buy it as I never finished the transaction.  Sorry that’s not my fault and I can’t help you.

but you can’t even request the sms again.

So what happened if the sms doesn’t come.  Same Boku says you have used it too much. That’s o2 rules apparently.

i spoke to them for 4 days, explaining you can see I’ve not bought anything as the sms timed out now.

response was sorry we can’t help you. Also please don’t email any more as the responses will be the same.  We are not the fault o2 is.

wow what amazing customer care.  I then had to wait a full 1 month and 1 day as the system refused everytme I wanted to buy one.

so last week I requested it again.  It went through but sms didn’t come in time so the 15 min expired.  And now I have to wait for another month.

so I won’t use the service again, I went to the shop and bought one.

its my money, they can see nothing was removed, I understand there is a £30 limit per month,  it only if you were able to use the service.

domt know anything about it and the company that runs it are unhelpful and useless. They can’t reset it, can’t help, won’t help and said it’s o2 fault. They put blockers on it, ring them and complain.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 85