cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click here to find out why I've left O2 after 8 years

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 8 years of giving them custom I will be leaaving. Why? Because:

- After 8 years they did not even match a deal of a competitor. They did however try to sneak in a deal for the smaller version of the phone I requested, with less data and still more expensive. 

- After 8 years their customer service has gotten unbearably worse. As I have mentioned in previous threads, I waited 15 mins on hold twice, then gave up, thinking this is an anomaly.
- I tried again the next day, but first on chat so I did not have to wait. I spent 2 hours being sent through 6 different people.
- I finally was persuaded to try again by another user, as well as being advised by an O2 rep in this community to call.
- I spent 58 mins and 20 secs on hold. Someone picked up, then the line went dead.
-After 8 years, this is the service and treatment that customers now receive? People took what O2 meant litterily then, bemoredog.

This community has been helpful in the sense that they have listened and emphathised with my comments and experiences. However what the community does not provide is any form of real assistance in solving an issue.
This community then acts just as a platform for individuals to vent, be empathised upon and feel as if action is being taken.

I've messaged a community managed explaining my situation, and they have no messaged back in 2 days...

Leave O2. Don't bemoredog and get treated like crap.

I've moved to Vodafone and have been able to save over £200 on an Iphone 6+ over 2 years, as well being given a discount as they rep felt sorry for me.

What I can say is this, that I will do my utmost best to make sure people I know do not go to O2. Even if the deal is marginly better to begin with, I will emphasize my treatment (or lack there off) and inability of action to be taken anywhere.

Their only solution was to call...

Taken to twitter I found out that I would not be reimbused the 90 minutes on hold to the 0800 number. I could not call because I had no signal from my phone...

Lastly thank you to the individuals who did listen and empathize with me. 

@Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Cleoriff @MI5 @jonsie 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

The customer service and the network itself are in steep decline. We notice this on a daily basis. 12 months ago it was sort of ok in fairness but phone launches, promotions, stock, delivery and live chat arenothing short of farcical to be honest. They seem to be signing more people up than customers who are leaving and placing added strain on the resources. Chat would appear to have no training other than the ability to punch the mobile number in and read from a manual that probably contains 3 pages. Glad I moved.

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby I messaged Brendon M

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mmmm @Anonymous Live a chat need training. ..... now there is something we haven't heard before 😆😆😆😆😆😆

As for @Anonymous I am sorry we weren't able to find you the solutions to your issues but I am pleased you have found a solution that suits your needs. I wish you will as I am sure we all do.
Message 13 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi MannyO,

Brendon is a moderator and cannot help with this. Please send a PM to myself, MarinaP and Marjo as we are community staff. One of us will respond when we can slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely @BrendonM would have had the foresight to forward it on and reply back to @Anonymous to tell him that is what he had done (assuming he was at work and not on leave)???
Message 15 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Piper,

Brendon alerted me to this, which is the reason I came to clarify the situation in my post above.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Toby. I would have been surprised if that had not been the case.

I think @Anonymous has already jumped ship but I think it is appropriate to mention a post earlier I think from @jonsie who described the o2 network as in structural decline.

I think he was right and it is about time o2 picked this up and dealt with it.
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The customer service and the network itself are in steep decline. We notice this on a daily basis. 12 months ago it was sort of ok in fairness but phone launches, promotions, stock, delivery and live chat arenothing short of farcical to be honest. They seem to be signing more people up than customers who are leaving and placing added strain on the resources. Chat would appear to have no training other than the ability to punch the mobile number in and read from a manual that probably contains 3 pages. Glad I moved.

@Toby this is the post I was referring to and I think @jonsie has captured the mood bang on with this comment.

When will o2 wake up and smell the Coffee? This is what happened to Vodafone years ago and look what has happened there, now number 3 in the UK.

O2 will be next if it doesn't wake up. 

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tobyso let me get this straight. You've been alerted, but your action so far has been to comment on this thread? 

Haivng already posted the full set of reasons as to why I have left, you A. misread the entire passage and B. come to get me to message you so action can be taken.

Good Idea points for initiative.

If you really want to help me, then you will be able to help me get my wasted time refunded in a good will gesture. It is absolutely absurd that O2 are not doing this.

Having messaged both their twitter and facebook accounts, where they both know that I and many other individuals are experiencing over HOUR LONG HOLD TIMES on 0800 numbers, they still refuse to reimburse this cost.

I have started a new contract with Vodafone who have thank fully understood the situation and offsetted the cost of an early upgrade by reducing their upfront fee.

@Anonymous @jonsie 
once again thanks for empathising. I can see you both agreeing with these comments, however change will not occur if individuals, as helpful as yourselves, push people back into the system by getting them to call/wait/use online chat.

Complaints need to be made. They need to be recognised. Then, and only then will action be taken.

Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair @Anonymous we are just as quick to criticise o2 as we are to encourage.

The reason we push people to speak to o2 is because until you ask you won't know.

@Tobyis Community Co-Ordinator, not Customer Services. He can route queries to his colleagues within o2 and from time to time he does but please remember he does not work a 7 day week 24 hours per day. He also has a day job to do and a life away from o2.

Also you should bear in mind the time of year. Many o2 staff are on leave as are millions of other workers across the country. So of course there are likely to be delays. It is the nature of our holiday season that people want to have a long break.

None of that solves your problems. But at the end of the day it is a phone and nothing more so perspectives need to be considered. As you weren't prepared to wait until @Toby was able to refer then you have your absolute right to change networks which you have now actioned. I too plan to leave o2 in June when all my contracts are up. Vodafone or EE will be the happy recipients. Will see what signal is like at that time combined with offers.

Message 20 of 22