cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible 'Body' box when posting from iPad.

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Whenever I post or reply on the O2 forums from my iPad 2, I do not see ANY of the formatting options. I cannot even directly reply to a post (where you get the option of including the post you are replying to).

All I can see is a tiny 'Body' box, which is literally 1cm in height, where I can type my message ?? Why is this?

This HAS to be something that is going on behind the scenes with the forum provider - Lithium. I had the EXACT same issue on the Virgin Media forums (who Lithium also provide) and other posters also complained about. Enough noise was made and Lithium made some behind the scenes changes which rectified this so that the forum looked the same on an iPad and from a laptop.

Let's have Lithium do the same changes here please because it really is a chore having such tiny space in which to type this post from, when viewing from an iPad. 😞
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the url box pull down and choose the desktop option.

You can then reply with the quote.

To add I agree the reply box on my iP6+ and iPad air are way too small.  😔

A topic brought to O2 forums management attention. 

Message 2 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DinoF wrote:
Whenever I post or reply on the O2 forums from my iPad 2, I do not see ANY of the formatting options. I cannot even directly reply to a post (where you get the option of including the post you are replying to).

All I can see is a tiny 'Body' box, which is literally 1cm in height, where I can type my message ?? Why is this?

This HAS to be something that is going on behind the scenes with the forum provider - Lithium. I had the EXACT same issue on the Virgin Media forums (who Lithium also provide) and other posters also complained about. Enough noise was made and Lithium made some behind the scenes changes which rectified this so that the forum looked the same on an iPad and from a laptop.

Let's have Lithium do the same changes here please because it really is a chore having such tiny space in which to type this post from, when viewing from an iPad. 😞

I'm using my iPad air now and quoting you.   😄

Message 3 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147253 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
It's not just a problem on the iPad either - Same issue with Android unless you go to desktop mode and choose the full reply option rather than quick reply.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Bottom of each page.
Version: mobile / full
Message 5 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately iOS has issues with Lithium and using the Rich Editor Bar.

The iPad in my case auto uses full mode but the quote and a rich Editor Bar is missing unless you request desktop version via the method I mentioned.

Again something Toby is aware of.
Message 6 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 124357 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

It.s something I do automatically now. It causes so many problems I dont know why full screen isn't set as default?

It seems silly having full options/ emoticons available if you can't use them without 'resetting' your phone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 45

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately iOS has issues with Lithium and using the Rich Editor Bar.

The iPad in my case auto uses full mode but the quote and a rich Editor Bar is missing unless you request desktop version via the method I mentioned.

Again something Toby is aware of.

.....ahh, cheers for that tip @Anonymous 

never even noticed that 'Request Desktop' option before! Smiley Surprised

I know you say that Lithium has issues however, I know for a fact that it can indeed be resolved - like it was on the Virgin Media forums. 

Message 8 of 45

MI5
  • 147253 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
The Virgin forum was mentioned previously and Toby was going to investigate it, but this was months ago so I guess it's not a change that o2 want to implement.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 45

jonsie
  • 93348 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The Virgin forum was mentioned previously and Toby was going to investigate it, but this was months ago so I guess it's not a change that o2 want to implement.....?

It's probably way down their list of priorities.

Message 10 of 45