Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Level 7: Part Timer

Re: 4g Signal Manchester city centre

Any change yet in Manchester?

Noticed Cardiff is slowly improving with some refarmeded Band 1 coming into play along with a slight hint of Band 3 in the City Centre.

All gone quiet on this issue...

Is Manchester now sorted I wonder ? 

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,412

It wasn't 10 days ago. I go again in 2 weeks but if anyone going to the city centre can report back?

@Martin-O2, any news as to when O2 are going to start upgrading masts to use the fabled 2300 spectrum?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/04/o2-to-upgrade-1000-uk-sites-with-2-3ghz-based-4g-mobil...

o2 uk

After spending £206m to acquire the 2.3GHz radio spectrum band in Ofcom’s recent auction (here), mobile operator O2 UK has now wasted no time in adopting a rapid roll-out and they intend switch-on over 1,000 sites nationwide using the new 4G frequency by the end of 2018.

Community Manager

Hey @jonsie@Skyhawk1010 nothing right now but we will update the Community as soon as any news becomes available. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

I know this is old but are there any updates?

What is O2 like in Manchester nowadays?

Level 1: Joiner

nope still the same if not worse. been with o2 now for over 10 yrs. for the last 3 years at least, when in the city center, service is atrocious. I have brought this to their attention a number of times. they send you the usual text messages they are looking into it. you get them regualry for a few months, they rebate you back few pennies for the inconvience. then they stop. now the contract is up, they like other mobile opperators will pester, brought up the same issue. there response sorry they cant do nothing about it. 

for the next 2 years i would say, you require 4g, manchester city centre for work or living in the area, regular usage do not waste time with o2, go ee or vodaphone, reception for these two are good. 

regards

ash 
Level 41: Prodigal

If the 4g signal is good but the data speed bad, a common solution is to try using 3g instead.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band