Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g Signal Manchester city centre

AdamMurphy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why is the 4g signal strength so bad in Manchester City Center? I've been working there for the past few days - outside, and found the O2 4g signal strength dire ! It's that poor that my phone cannot complete a signal strength test ... Has anyone else had the same issues ?
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Any change yet in Manchester?

Noticed Cardiff is slowly improving with some refarmeded Band 1 coming into play along with a slight hint of Band 3 in the City Centre.

Message 41 of 47

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

All gone quiet on this issue...

Is Manchester now sorted I wonder ? 

Message 42 of 47

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It wasn't 10 days ago. I go again in 2 weeks but if anyone going to the city centre can report back?

@Martin-O2, any news as to when O2 are going to start upgrading masts to use the fabled 2300 spectrum?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/04/o2-to-upgrade-1000-uk-sites-with-2-3ghz-based-4g-mobil...

o2 uk

After spending £206m to acquire the 2.3GHz radio spectrum band in Ofcom’s recent auction (here), mobile operator O2 UK has now wasted no time in adopting a rapid roll-out and they intend switch-on over 1,000 sites nationwide using the new 4G frequency by the end of 2018.

Message 43 of 47

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @jonsie@Skyhawk1010 nothing right now but we will update the Community as soon as any news becomes available. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 44 of 47

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I know this is old but are there any updates?

What is O2 like in Manchester nowadays?

Message 45 of 47

asdaf1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
nope still the same if not worse. been with o2 now for over 10 yrs. for the last 3 years at least, when in the city center, service is atrocious. I have brought this to their attention a number of times. they send you the usual text messages they are looking into it. you get them regualry for a few months, they rebate you back few pennies for the inconvience. then they stop. now the contract is up, they like other mobile opperators will pester, brought up the same issue. there response sorry they cant do nothing about it. 

for the next 2 years i would say, you require 4g, manchester city centre for work or living in the area, regular usage do not waste time with o2, go ee or vodaphone, reception for these two are good. 

regards

ash 
Message 46 of 47

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If the 4g signal is good but the data speed bad, a common solution is to try using 3g instead.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 47 of 47