cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

248 service

Anonymous
Not applicable

My ancient Top-up card finally expired (magnetic strip problem) so I picked up a new one at an O2 shop 3 days ago. Since then I have repeatedly tried to ring 248 to register the new card - only to be told - "the service is not available at the moment - please try later". Can someone please tell me WHEN this service WILL be available?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous this is not customer service you are talking too. Maybe you need to call pay as you go customer service on 4445 from your o2 phone & they could probably help

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous this is not customer service you are talking too. Maybe you need to call pay as you go customer service on 4445 from your o2 phone & they could probably help

Message 2 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146949 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
248 is the only way I know to register it but in the meantime look at alternative ways to top up here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
@Martin-O2 can you check if the 248 service is still active please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 124227 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

If it is, it will need adding to the guide I expect....

Edit...it's already in...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 146949 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Only for registering a new E-Topup card but would be useful.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it still works that Is
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 146949 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Indeedy..
Message 7 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys apologies for the late reply. I'll look into this today! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

I've got some info about this and the 248 line was experiencing some issues but they have been resolved and it should be working fine. If anyone has any problems with it give me a shout. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 124227 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hi guys, 

I've got some info about this and the 248 line was experiencing some issues but they have been resolved and it should be working fine. If anyone has any problems with it give me a shout. 

Thanks @Martin-O2 I will leave it in my Ways to Pay guide then...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19