Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Level 12: Nimble

Re: Repair Microsoft Account password. Can you decipher Msoft reply

Okey doke . Ive looked at that possibility . It looked a bit scary cos I use a basic code to fit round individual websites. But I guess I can concoct something similar for a pin

Mmmmmm I was wondering something similar

A couple of last thoughts

I own a microsoft tablet which is rarely used (dont ask )  I'd better check whats going on with that.

About 2 yrs ago I had some sign in account probs. Microsoft suggested a local account. I wasnt keen but bowed to there superior knowledge .  Are local accounts a good idea?

I'd like to change my account email address. Can it be any brand or only hotmail / outlook ?  And dare i contemplate this after the password fandango.??

Thanks for the support. I'l look into the suggestions

As i can now get into the account and its working ok with the re membered email . Im happier.

Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,674

@Jenny105 as far as email types are concerned, they can be any. 

My MS account is a gmail email address.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,338

I would recommend Gmail too, I use it for MS. It's so much easier to get signed in. I would start again if you had other devices  it all sounds a little messed up at the moment. 

[ Edited ]

@jonsie wrote:

I would recommend Gmail too, I use it for MS. It's so much easier to get signed in. I would start again if you had other devices  it all sounds a little messed up at the moment. 

Hi being a total non geek , I'd wondered about starting over, but didnt know what if anything I'd lose doing that . eg files, 

what where how ???? head bandage

Topics: 522
Solutions: 10,674

@Jenny105 you won't lose anything. The pc password can be anything as it's just to unlock your PC but as I suggested earlier, just change it to pin access. This is not used anywhere else, it's purely to unlock the device it's set on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Sorry I misunderstand Jonsies meaning eg new account !!!. I'll go for the pin . I'm using a pin on my phone via my virus checker Co.

Done slow learner...…

Ive got a pin but that seems to have blocked out my image password . I'm a fussy individual aren't I?