Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Receiving Emails

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

The last few days I have had problems receiving emails on my phone.

I don't have push messages turned on (never had a problem before) so I just check myself if I have any emails.

When I open the mail app and try to refresh/load it comes up that it can't connect.

I have logged in on my computer and I am using the right password on my phone and on the Microsoft server it says that there are no issues.

I have tried the mail app both on wifi and on data.  I have also deleted all of my email accounts and re-added them and I am still having the problem.

It has only worked once in the last few days - even though I check it a few times a day, it won't connect, but on one occasion it downloaded all of the emails at once - even ones that I should of received days earlier.

I am using an iPhone 5s on O2 PAYG running software version 7.0.4 (11B554a).  The email accounts I have having problems with is hotmail.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Still unable to get emails on my phone.

Checked the Microsoft website again and that says that there are no issues with the server.

Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147220 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Is there a specific Hotmail app on the store - There is on Android and it works much better than trying to manually configure devices?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

There is an app in the store called 'Windows Live Hotmail PUSH emails'

Surely the mail app itself can be used?

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should be able to use the mail app itself yes
Message 5 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I don't know whether to contact Apple or Microsoft about it.

Although I am still waiting for a response from both companies about other issues.....

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would say its a hotmail problem personally but that's just my opinion
Message 7 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147220 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Hotmail is hopeless on all platforms (as I've mentioned to Gemz via PM) so I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't changed something that has messed it up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks for the advice MI5 and Damien.

It's a pain having to use a different app when I have a mail app but I suppose I will have to try it and see how it goes. 😞

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had issues last week with a Hotmail email account I have on Mail on my 5s. It kept coming up with a pop up (can't remember exactly what was on the pop up). It done this for a day or two and then it no longer appeared.

I think it must have been an issue with Hotmail and it has since been fixed.

I rarely receive email to my Hotmail email account, I set it up many years ago and I have long since changed my email address. In my opinion Hotmail is not the best of email provider and is problematic and I find AOL to be the same too.

Message 10 of 11