Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Microsoft Account password. Can you decipher Msoft reply

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Ive reset my password to my microsoft account via my laptop.  Confirmation arrived BUT the password hasnt changed. Fortunately I can enter via image password on my laptop but not on my phone (should I need to) . - not linked

This is the repair suggestion i received from Msoft agent

''Try entering Safe Mode with network function.
To trigger the Automatic Repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three consecutive times: use the reset or the power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during boot, before it finishes loading Windows 10. If you use the power button, you might have to keep it pressed for at least 4 seconds to force the power off
After you enter Safe Mode try to update your network drivers and then try to enter Normal Mode ''

Could somone expand on the reset power button (switch on/off?); SAFE MODE entry; network drivers,

and NoRMAL MODE. No doubt i could have found these in win 7 and 8 but not now.

PS does msoft have an image password via an android phone ?

Best wishes and apologies for more technical assistance 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Okey doke . Ive looked at that possibility . It looked a bit scary cos I use a basic code to fit round individual websites. But I guess I can concoct something similar for a pin
Message 11 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Mmmmmm I was wondering something similar
Message 12 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

A couple of last thoughts

I own a microsoft tablet which is rarely used (dont ask )  I'd better check whats going on with that.

About 2 yrs ago I had some sign in account probs. Microsoft suggested a local account. I wasnt keen but bowed to there superior knowledge .  Are local accounts a good idea?

I'd like to change my account email address. Can it be any brand or only hotmail / outlook ?  And dare i contemplate this after the password fandango.??

Thanks for the support. I'l look into the suggestions

As i can now get into the account and its working ok with the re membered email . Im happier.

Message 13 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jenny105 as far as email types are concerned, they can be any. 

My MS account is a gmail email address.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would recommend Gmail too, I use it for MS. It's so much easier to get signed in. I would start again if you had other devices  it all sounds a little messed up at the moment. 

Message 15 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I would recommend Gmail too, I use it for MS. It's so much easier to get signed in. I would start again if you had other devices  it all sounds a little messed up at the moment. 

Hi being a total non geek , I'd wondered about starting over, but didnt know what if anything I'd lose doing that . eg files, 

what where how ???? head_bandage

Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jenny105 you won't lose anything. The pc password can be anything as it's just to unlock your PC but as I suggested earlier, just change it to pin access. This is not used anywhere else, it's purely to unlock the device it's set on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Sorry I misunderstand Jonsies meaning eg new account !!!. I'll go for the pin . I'm using a pin on my phone via my virus checker Co.
Message 18 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Done slow learner...…
Message 19 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Ive got a pin but that seems to have blocked out my image password . I'm a fussy individual aren't I?
Message 20 of 24