cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB 9900 Bold - Unable to set up work email account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a Blackberry 9900 Bold last year which I set up to receive two email accounts, my own personal account (BT) and my work email account (Microsoft outlook web app). My Blackberry has been away for repairs, so all previous data has been removed. I have set up my BT email account again no problem, however I am having no success with my work email account. I go through setup and despite entering the correct email address and password, a message is displayed saying invalid email address/password contact work email address. Whether set up is done automatically or manually its the same result - one of two messages invalid email address/password or unable to logon check email address/password.

Anybody got any ideas?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish my memory was better, as this is exactly the same problem my friend was having and we managed to fix, but the screenshot we took doesn't show the correct information Smiley Mad

Are you going into the Manual settings, ie inserting the wrong password in email setup should enable the "I'll provide the settings" manual settings to be accessed?

Actually, the web address should read https://<domain.name.com>/exchange/<mailbox name> not ending in /exchange as I advised previously, sorry.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Outlook Web Access can be a pain to setup on the 9900, I managed to do it somehow for a friend a couple of years ago.

I'm sure I took screenshots of the settings so let me go and see if I still have them somewhere on the memory card on my phone slight_smile

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks that would be great.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Theirs no chance your employer has changed its passwords.

Check everything as everything is case sensitive.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for responding, I have checked with my employer and they havn't changed any settings, and I am getting quite paranoid about passwords and case sensitive...
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

Worth checking.

Have you checked out if their are any others in the same situation via google ?

Maybe a case of persevering.
Message 6 of 14

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Have you got the correct port settings and security settings for OWA?

If it's as our work email is setup it's port 995 with SSL on for pop.outlook.com and port 587 and StartTLS for smtp.outlook.com

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

y, for the username you are puttig in your email address, yes? and you are saying you have the correct password...so...that really only leaves the web address as being the issue.

Do you have the correct website address for your Outlook Web Access? It should say http://address/exchange

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
port 995 with SSL on for pop.outlook.com and port 587 and StartTLS for smtp.outlook.com
How do you apply these settings on the BB?
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Username, password, and web address checked, unfortunately same result - message reading unable to log in verify email address, password, etc..
Message 10 of 14