Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News for Galaxy Watch 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

Just been looking at the Samsung Members App and under the watch 3 is this nice bit of news... 

Looks like o2 will support the watch 3 from the 4th September....

Screenshot_20200821-214110_Samsung Members (002).jpg

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
Just to update according to the store i picked up my watch 3 from, they should be more in stores over the next week or so.

And im loving my watch 3 🙂
Message 11 of 24

Ianipswich
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got a Galaxy Watch 4G and an O2 esim, but I can't scan the QR Code! When I go into "Mobile Networks" in the Galaxy Wearable app, it says "Mobile service for your watch. Mobile service for this watch isn't available in your region. Contact Samsung Customer Service for more information."

I did contact Samsung Customer Service, but they told me to contact O2 to activate this, and nobody whatsoever at O2 knows anything about the Galaxy Watch or an esim(???!!!!!)

Is there any other way to scan the QR code, or any other way to activate the esim in my watch?!

Message 12 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Ianipswich 

Sounds like either your watch or phone did not come from the UK and has different region firmware on it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 24

Ianipswich
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought the phone direct from Samsung UK and the watch from Currys (in the UK). I've just got a new phone, but the same thing happened with my previous phone, which was also bought from Samsung UK.

You'd think that someone at Samsung must have thought about that and asked me to check the firmware?!

It's just so frustrating not being able to go any further in the wearables app!! Especially when reading posts on here where the person HAS been able to scan their O2 esim QR Code?! And also when O2 are selling the watch with a data plan where the watch would arrive with a ready-activated esim?!!

Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Sounds like the watch is at fault there then @Ianipswich 

I'd go back to Currys.........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 24

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
@Ianipswich

Is last years watch? As o2 dont support the Galaxy Watch 4G, just the Watch 3 and Active 2
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Posted on watch 3 thread confused

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Ianipswich
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  Thanks for your reply. I would be inclined to believe that, but they are advertising the Galaxy Watch 4G on their website: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-watch

And the Galaxy Watch 3 is here: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-watch3

Thanks for all the replies so far - hopefully someone can find a solution for me?!!! smiling

Message 18 of 24

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions
@Ianipswich

Thats the Bluetooth only version, and not the LTE/4G version.

You can only buy the Watch 3 in store with LTE, the only one available online is again only the Bluetooth Version.
Message 19 of 24

Ianipswich
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  OK, their description is wrong because they say no 3G/4G, but the first line of the description is "Stay connected, with or without your phone.". And the watch on that page is exactly my watch and my watch is LTE and has an esim. I just can't activate it!!!

@MI5  - Should I not have posted my message on this thread? I was just hoping to get some help with my watch, but if I need to post on another thread, can you let me know which thread I should post this topic on please? worried

Message 20 of 24