Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Level 38: Lively

Good News for Galaxy Watch 3

Just been looking at the Samsung Members App and under the watch 3 is this nice bit of news... 

Looks like o2 will support the watch 3 from the 4th September....

Screenshot_20200821-214110_Samsung Members (002).jpg

Current Phone: Motorola Razr 5g
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts
Topics: 563
Solutions: 14,850

Re: Good News for Galaxy Watch 3

Just voice calls though I see, so phone will still be required for other functions to work I guess?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

Many thanks for this.
Level 48: Jubilant         

Looks like Samsung are giving the game away @Chris_K!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Not unusual for us to hear it from somewhere else first....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
O2 Social Media Team

Hey guys,

Just to let you know we are working closely with Samsung on the new Watch3 4G and we are absolutely going to support this on our network, though we are working through the finer details and don't yet have confirmation of exactly when this will happen.

This date you've seen on the Samsung Members app has not been approved by O2 and we're not sure where that has come from, but we'll reach out to Samsung to get this cleared up. Sorry for any confusion - but we'll let you know once we're 100% on a launch date.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Looks like Samsung have removed any mention of o2 from the members app..

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--

[ Edited ]

Just to complete this thread. The Galaxy watch is now available on O2 after all https://www.o2.co.uk/samsung-watch?osr=sam4gwatch

Official announcement here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-Active2-4G-amp-Watch3-4G-are-now-are...

Currently using:
Level 1: Joiner

This now works, I bought the Galaxy watch 3 on Saturday 5th Aug, apparently that was the start date for the service. U will need a Samsung phone and an ESim leaflet from 02 with a QR code in it. The ESim plan costs about a £5 a mo th for one gig, but a ten minute call is only around 4mb. Full FAQ here: https://www.o2.co.uk/samsung-watch

Just good luck trying to find one in an o2 store :-)

--