cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana in the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently Cortana should be here in the UK within the next two weeksBouncy

http://www.wpcentral.com/cortana-hitting-uk-less-two-weeks-china-soon-thereafter

Anyone else excited about this?

Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Exciting news indeed, though @Chris_K  from social media has said O2 wont be getting it yet for the 930?

Will the 930 have Cortana?

It will, but unfortunately not from launch. Currently the feature has only been enabled within the US but Microsoft are working to bring the feature to the UK and other markets by the end of the year. We don’t have dates yet, but we expect this will happen sometime in Q4.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Exciting news indeed, though @Chris_K  from social media has said O2 wont be getting it yet for the 930?

It will, but unfortunately not from launch. Currently the feature has only been enabled within the US but Microsoft are working to bring the feature to the UK and other markets by the end of the year. We don’t have dates yet, but we expect this will happen sometime in Q4.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 39

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Having attended a Nokia/Microsoft partner event two weeks, Cortana could be amazing. It's what Siri would be if it was good.

There is actually a conversation published on Twitter by a dude who was in a meeting when his wife called him about dinner, Cortana answered and they then proceeded to have a conversation about dinner and time he'd be home etc, without his input.

They also gave us a demo of Cortana, and basically she will become your P.A. Very impressive.

ewan
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @ewanrw

Certainly exciting things coming.

When Siri was released in Beta and now out of Beta I like others I'm sure went through asking silly questions and finding the Easter eggs ,and then onto more serious ways of using the facility.

However one tends to either forget it's there or just revert to using the phone before having such a facility. wink

Hope you have fun with all that this brings.
Message 4 of 39

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently Cortana should be here in the UK within the next two weeksBouncy

Anyone else excited about this?

I tried the US version for a while (Change regions setting in phone when using preview for developers) It was a novelty for a few days but I soon reverted to 'normal' use. It'll come down to personal preferences but its not for me.

Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some of the funny looks when I was creating a text or creating a reminder via Siri, and or asking it to perform a task were funny. wink

As said, it's down to preference.

Perhaps you could let us know what you think of the facility after using it for a few weeks when you have it at your disposal ?
Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

From what I've read this will be coming to devices running the developer preview first and then it will roll out to new devices running WP8.1

Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Some of the funny looks when I was creating a text or creating a reminder via Siri, and or asking it to perform a task were funny. wink

As said, it's down to preference.

Perhaps you could let us know what you think of the facility after using it for a few weeks when you have it at your disposal ?

I certainly will, with Cortana you can type requests rather than speaking them so you wouldn't have to worry about funny looks when using it wink

Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

For those of you who are interested wink

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/apps/meet-cortana

Wow that's a brilliant link @Anonymous Very comprehensive. Thanks for posting

(I haven't got a windows phone, but I love reading about new developments) slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 39