cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cortana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cortana use up Data if I dont use It? I seem to be running out of Data time constanly since this appeared on my phone. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have turned Data Sense Off, You can set a limit so is very useful addition to Windows Phone, I have set to download data when on WiFi as we are limited where i live as to 3g use and 4g is only a dream LOL

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it does but not huge amounts.
How much extra data are you using?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you click on data sense in settings and scroll across to usage it will show you which apps are using your data and how much

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have turned Data Sense Off, You can set a limit so is very useful addition to Windows Phone, I have set to download data when on WiFi as we are limited where i live as to 3g use and 4g is only a dream LOL

Message 4 of 5

terminusaquo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought I would add that it may not be Cortana that's using all your data, have a look in the Store to see if app updates are restricted to WiFi only and only allow background tasks for apps pinned to the Start Screen and that's in addition to setting a data limit in Data Sense and restricting data when I'm close to my limit.

I also keep WiFi on at all times and automatically connect to WiFi whenever possible. I also use WiFi Sense to help with finding networks around me. Out of my 2GB limit, this month I've used less than 1MB of data.

Message 5 of 5