cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10 link issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have windows 7 64bit, installed the link software, i can backup/restore the phone, but cannot sync pictures/music.

on the blackberry forum i have posted the problems.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Numerous-BlackBerry-Z10-Issu...

you may not be aware of it but O2 is in charge of the BlackBerry Link software, so give them a call and have them either help you, or escalate to the Level 2 RIM support.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

so, i've checked my o2 tariff and now i have the blackberry data now, but still, you guessed it still doesn't sync my pictures/music.

didn't think it would work. so i am still in the same boat. will just have to wait maybe 2years for the updated link software, oh wait that will be the end of my contract.

great 23 months to go until my next new phone, i don't think it will be a blackberry.

getting lots more errors in the event viewer now:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\MailServerMAPIProxy64.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.ATL,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{AF7EBCA4-9FAF-4DC8-8D09-67854BB84D34}\recordingmanager.exe". Dependent Assembly rpshellextension.1.0,language="*",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

The IP address lease 169.254.142.82 for the Network Card with network address 0x426F2A088689 has been denied by the DHCP server 169.254.166.153 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, i have chatted to a guy from o2 for 20 inutes, he has the exact same problem as me.

he offered a replacement z10, but i said it's not needed. it's a (connection) problem for sure. he did say there is an update to address more issues coming mid-march sometime, and i said i'd wait for that update.

meanwhile i have sideloaded some android apps. ebay, imdb, vlc, youtube. they work perfectly, lol. anyways, will await my fate. slight_smile
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how to fix the problem but I've said this once and I'll say it a million times:

YOU DON'T NEED A BLACKBERRY DATA BOLT ON TO WORK THE BB Z10! It uses BIS through your regular network now! I have A BB Z10 on regular internet and it works exactly as it should. There is NO compression anymore.

Right, now we have that out of the way, o2 has nothing to do with the BlackBerry Link software. Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? If you have, this could be an issue with your system somehow.

BlackBerry Link is relatively new piece of software from BlackBerry and is yet to go through some big updates. I would certainly recommend waiting for a few updates from them if it's not working now.

Alternatively, if you are having so many problems, link your phone using the data cable and manually move the data over using the file explorer.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

i know that i don't need the blackberry data tariff, i was put on it without asking for it, but its back to normal now thanks to Michie Robert from o2 tech.

he gave me a few links to read/check.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/z10-link-backup-did-not-complete-767078/

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/Back-up-did-not-complete/td-p/2131027

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&site=&source=hp&q=blackberry+link+backup...

anyways as i have said i will wait for updates/fixes as i am happy with everything else.

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems there is an update for blackberry link, v1.0.0.76 and installed it, ran it and ...........

still won't sync. ahh well waiting for another update slight_smile

edit: i use the z10's file manager to move all the pics to my sd card, then i can use the usb mass storage so i can see them in my computer. i was emailing them myself but took ages, so this way is a little easier but still time consuming.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

You beat me to it :P. Yeah, I saw that there's an update on CrackBerry. But not many others are having issues like you are (which is strange).

As so many people have said though, why don't you skip the software all together and just use the file explorer to move stuff over? slight_smile

Message 16 of 16