cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anybody Received The Windows Phone 7.8 Update?.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious as to whether anybody at all has received the new 7.8 update (without using the 'force update' workaround mentioned on earlier threads)?. 

Midge (Lumia 800)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, staring to think that O2 don't know how to send it out or keeping it hoping that their customers upgrade to a new phone with it already installed.  It's been available since 31/01/2013 according to both Nokia and Microsoft.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that's what cynical me has started thinking Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Yes. My husband managed it thro Zune as normal on 31/1/13 or 1/2/13, but I can't get it - They must have withdrawn it for some reason I think.  My husbands Nokia 710 works fine with the new firmware.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
nope,I had to force update my lumia 800
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just forced my 800 as well.  See here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Nokia-Windows-Phone-7-8-RELEASED/td-p/39...

It's all very underwhelming, to be honest!

SteveT

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I lost patience and used the force update trick, 3x Windows updates and 1X Nokia update. It is mainly cosmetic but the tile resize is quite funky.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone said "update available" yesterday morning, but when connected to my PC, Zune said it was "up to date" with software 7.10 (8779)

I thought that Zune might be at fault so removed and reinstalled it.  Still nothing, so tried the forced update process.  At third attempt, I received the "Update Available" message, so did so.  Zune said "Congratulations, update successful" and so did my ‘phone.

When nothing seemed to be different, I looked at what software I was running.  Phone said “Software” 7.5 with 7.10 OS and Zune says “Software” is 7.10 (8779)

I am confused, as I had updated to 7.5 when it was originally released and my ‘phone didn’t seem to realise this.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

berrye: you need to do that process three times.  The first couple of times it downloads a couple of Nokia patches.  The third time is the upgrade to 7.8.

Message 9 of 9