cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10 link issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have windows 7 64bit, installed the link software, i can backup/restore the phone, but cannot sync pictures/music.

on the blackberry forum i have posted the problems.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Numerous-BlackBerry-Z10-Issu...

you may not be aware of it but O2 is in charge of the BlackBerry Link software, so give them a call and have them either help you, or escalate to the Level 2 RIM support.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

you may not be aware of it but O2 is in charge of the BlackBerry Link software, so give them a call and have them either help you, or escalate to the Level 2 RIM support.

... where did you get this from?

Any issues I have had are reported directly to BlackBerry.

Logically thinking: this software is available worldwide... why would someone in Kuwait for example (they got the Z10 there today) call O2 in the UK for issues with BB Link?

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
April 1st....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it from the blackberry forum. I seem to be going round in circles. All I want is the blackberry link software to work with my windows 7 64 bit.

Funny I can backup and restore but connection errors trying to sync pictures and music. I have tried numerous things but it's still the same regardless what I do in windows or the z10.

I have other issues but this is the main one that gripes me.

edit: i have tried with cable plugged in without wifi, cable plugged in and wifi, cable not plugged in and wifi, all the same errors from my event viewer

ERROR: mDNSPlatformReadTCP - recv: 10053

596: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

588: DNSServiceGetAddrInfo      v4v6 BLACKBERRY-D857.local.

send_msg ERROR: failed to write 89 of 89 bytes to fd 672 errno 10053 (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.)

708: ERROR: read_msg errno 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

so i am at a loss, i have uninstalled the software/drivers/re-installed etc. still the same.

Message 4 of 16

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
I am also using Win 7 64 bit and pics and docs sync up Ok for me. Are you syncing via cable or wifi. I did have an issue when connected via cable that the Z10 wasn't detected but seems fine over wifi.
haven't tried with cable since.
iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem with Blackberry Link is very similar. I installed Link but I had an error message saying that it was not completely installed. The software is there and opens and goes through the process of switching my phone data to my Z10 but no contacts are in my phone. I have downloaded the software three times and tried to repair it and also completely uninstalled then reinstalled it. With the same results. I know it is a software issue as I tried it on my Windows 8 64 bit pc and my 32 bit XP pc with exactley the same results. I am know painstakingly entering all my cotact details individually and still have no way of backing up my data through Blackberry Link.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, if you type event viewer in the start/search and run it, you will find alot of errors (as i have) regarding the blackberry link application.

heres some more errors:

Faulting application name: BlackBerryLink.exe, version: 1.0.0.72, time stamp: 0x5106c1c2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x13c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0b3c478406fe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link\BlackBerryLink.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 234fc74f-7730-11e2-a153-02c0aa380801

--------------------------------------

Application: BlackBerryLink.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadTemplateXaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter)

-----------------------------------

i find this one interesting as it says: send_msg ERROR: failed to write 89 of 89 bytes to fd 720 errno 10053 (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.)

been chatting with an o2 person:

Sandie: I've checked your account and there is a data bolt-on added on your account for Smart phones only and you are using a Blackberry phone so we have separate data bolt-on for Blackberry phones.

Sandie: Please don't worry Carl, I'll quickly change your data bolt-on for your Blackberry phone with immediate effect and you'll be able to use Internet from today mid-night.

Carl: ok

Sandie: Please give me a few minutes while I change the data bolt-on for your Blackberry phone.

Sandie: Thanks a lot for waiting Carl.

Sandie: I've just changed the data bolt-on for your Blackberry phone with immediate effect and you'll be able to use Internet from today mid-night.

Sandie: And you'll be able to sync pictures, videos etc.

Sandie: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Carl: so i have been told to escalate to the Level 2 RIM support.

Carl: ok so your saying that my bolt on will let me sync pics music

Sandie: Yes, you are absolutely right.

Carl: ok will wait til tomorrow and find out

Sandie: Please don't worry Carl, there is no any issue with your phone as it's a trusted brand.

Sandie: Yes, that would be great.

so apparently changing my bolt on to a blackberry one will let me sync my pictures and music. mmm. i await tomorrow.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
That will be interesting given that someone already posted that the Z10 doesn't use BB servers anymore.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Maybe, possibly, just this once Chat have got it right...But there again...

Message 9 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think they need BIS for BBM, but I can't see how that will help with the problem here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/05/blackberry_bis_going_going/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 16