cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are O2 ripping off BB 10 users?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that its quite clear that BBZ10 and BBQ10 do not need or use BIS, standard data is what they utilise, why are O2 CS pushing Blackberry Bolt ons for these models. Either they don't know, its deliberate miss-selling, or it is forming the basis of an unfair contract. Could even be construed as fraud!

So buy a basic £10 paygo with as much translated to data as is reasonable or ask why your monthly contract has a bolt on that BB 10 phones (including the Z30) dont use! Either way I suspect that this little nugget when out might cause some difficulties for O2.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

. You don't and thats my point either they are all getting it wrong or they are fibbing to get more money out of the customer.

How can they get more money when you have a phone that won't connect to data?

If you call it in as a fault it will be corrected, you are creating a problem where there isn't one.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what the problem is here. I don't have the Blackberry Bolt-on and my Z10 works perfectly.

This was coming from a Bold 9900 which had BIS and had the BB Bolt-on. When I upgraded the Bolt-on was removed.

or are they now adding the Bolt-on to new BB10 users? Weird

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It comes across this way from the OP.

Conspiracy theories. wink
Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94085 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Not sure if this is a personal complaint pertaining to him/her alone or they think there is widespread mis-selling situation happening. Either way the allegation is without foundation.
Message 14 of 15

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I certainly wasn't told I'd need BIS for my Z10 when I bought it as the staff in the O2 shop were well aware it didn't need it, and I'm not aware of anyone else having been told that.

There are still BB OS7 devices being sold that will require the BIS bolt on, but that's a separate matter.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 15 of 15