cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 620 Bluetooth Connections

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I am a newbie to the Forum and also to my Nokia Lumia 620 Windows Phone. My problem is with the Bluetooth Connection to my Car Audio and also to my computer. I have managed to pair them both in and got the pairing numbers, and that parts fine but then it drops the connection seconds after, i notice there is nothing to use for search other devices on the phone and you just hope the other device finds the phone, but it drops very quickly. Do you know the answer, I got the phone at Christmas. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

link to Nokia support

there is a live chat option, maybe someone will be able to assit you

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello I am a newbie to the Forum and also to my Nokia Lumia 620 Windows Phone. My problem is with the Bluetooth Connection to my Car Audio and also to my computer. I have managed to pair them both in and got the pairing numbers, and that parts fine but then it drops the connection seconds after, i notice there is nothing to use for search other devices on the phone and you just hope the other device finds the phone, but it drops very quickly. Do you know the answer, I got the phone at Christmas. Thanks.

Hi, have you tried updating the operating system on your phone to "Amber"?

From what I can tell alot of people have had issues with their Lumia 620 only maintaining a Bluetooth connection if there is an audio profile available. However, your car should provide this profile once they are paired. It looks as though updating to the latest operating system should resolve this.

However, try the following:

1. Reset the pairing Bluetooth device to make sure that the information about the last Bluetooth devices is cleared. Refer to the pairing device's user manual to find reset instructions.
  2. Clear the paired devices list on your phone's Bluetooth settings and restart your phone.
  3. Make sure that your phone is not in Battery Saver or Flight mode.
  4. Then start the pairing process and initiate the connection. Instead of initiating the connection from the phone, you can also try initiate it from the connected device (or vice versa).
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I will try tomorrow.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Thank you, i'll have ago tomorrow.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again, I've been on to the Nokia Phone Chat support line as you suggested, the best the lady could is that it's a connectivity problem and she thinks the fault is with my Car Audio, which is fitted in a 2 year old Mercedes and also with my year old laptop. She said the phone software is bang up to date, and that I should wait for the Lumia Black update which is out now and that may solve the problem, may. We shall see.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try my steps above?

1. Reset the pairing Bluetooth device to make sure that the information about the last Bluetooth devices is cleared. Refer to the pairing device's user manual to find reset instructions.

2. Clear the paired devices list on your phone's Bluetooth settings and restart your phone.

3. Make sure that your phone is not in Battery Saver or Flight mode.

4. Then start the pairing process and initiate the connection. Instead of initiating the connection from the phone, you can also try initiate it from the connected device (or vice versa).

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yes I tried as you suggested, but I have found out from the Mercedes web site that my phone is not recognized by the type of Audio fitted to the car. Sad

Message 8 of 8