cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8+ Connecting to Bluetooth Headset On Motorcycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp.

I have just bought a Samsung S8+.

Dog's danglies, the screen is to die for.

The phone was a replacement for the Apple iPhone 6s.

I have a problem which is the EXACT problem I had with a two day old Galaxy S6 a few years ago which I returned for the iPhone as the S6 just wouldn't work in the way I needed it too.

Right now I am a heartbeat away from returning the S8+ for a iPhone 7+ if I cant resolve this issue.

I ride a motorcycle, on my helmet I have a bluetooth headset which allows me to connect direct to my phone and make calls, send texts etc using Siri and voice.

The process is really simple ..... I push a putton and even if the phone is locked, Siri beeps, I say "call home" or "text wife put kettle on" and it just does it.

On the old S6 I couldnt get it to work so returned it for an iPhone and I am in the exact same situation again despite the S8+ being the latest all singing and dancing doodah.

Bixby voice isn't fully released in the UK yet and OK Google wont work if the screen is locked.

There MUST be a way I can push the button on the bluetooth headset and call home???

From

Frustrated In Leeds

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found a workaround - downloaded Samsung car mode and all seems to be working now

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Ok, so found the following advice.
First, turn on Smart Lock (setteings-->Security-->Trust Agents).
Then you can choose to use either S Voice or Ok Google to unlock your phone.
Once that is turned on, you can then turn on Ok google detection (open the Google app, then open the menu using the 3 lines in the top left, then settings, then voice).
You will need to say OK google 3 times to turn this on, then you can also choose to use a bluetooth headset.
That should allow you to do all the things you used to do with Siri...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi gmarkj,

Thanks for the reply.

Tried all of the above to no avail. This is what happend with my old Samsung phone and that lasted 2 days before I switched back to Apple.

Shame really, the Samsung S8+ really is a stunning phone

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Strange, as all of the above are from the google help pages. 

I'll have another look tomorrow when i get a chance...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144686 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Very strange as "OK Google" works fine from lock screen on both my Sony Z5 and Z3 tablet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found a workaround - downloaded Samsung car mode and all seems to be working now
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123135 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well done @Anonymous. Pleased you have sorted it...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions