cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are O2 ripping off BB 10 users?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that its quite clear that BBZ10 and BBQ10 do not need or use BIS, standard data is what they utilise, why are O2 CS pushing Blackberry Bolt ons for these models. Either they don't know, its deliberate miss-selling, or it is forming the basis of an unfair contract. Could even be construed as fraud!

So buy a basic £10 paygo with as much translated to data as is reasonable or ask why your monthly contract has a bolt on that BB 10 phones (including the Z30) dont use! Either way I suspect that this little nugget when out might cause some difficulties for O2.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147185 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
We know the new BB's don't need a specific BB bolt on and so will every customer when their data won't work so there's no chance of it happening on a recurring basis.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you directed this to O2 officially ?

Message 3 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

When you buy a phone it's very easy to find out which tariff you need, if you have chosen the wrong one O2 will change it for you.

No drama involved and nobody is being fiddled and if you put BIS on the wrong phone it won't work.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

understood the first part of your reply but not the second...what do you mean by their BB wont do data? If you have any non-specific data plan it will work, unless O2 are deliberately blocking it, and theyd never do that would they?

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ehm! nope......older models use BIS new models don't! So a general tarrif that has x amount minutes calls; x amount data will work until your data component runs out. Newer models don't need a BB anything so why do they sell it for BB10 models?

Message 6 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have misread the answer, if you put BIS on a phone that doesn't use it the data won't connect.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 147185 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Honestly it's no conspiracy theory - The wrong data package won't work either way around so easy to spot and even easier to correct with a call to CS.
No fiddling, no con, no need to get excited about anything....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got that already Perksie. But in shop and talking via tellybone the answers are always the same.......you need a BB bolt on for the data to work. You don't and thats my point either they are all getting it wrong or they are fibbing to get more money out of the customer.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 147185 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
They would refund if they got it wrong so it won't be a ploy to get more money.
Message 10 of 15