Toothache advice 🤒

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Cat mouth open

Hey guys, 

One of my wisdom teeth has started coming out over the weekend, and I have an appointment tomorrow to get it looked at. In the meantime though, it's rather painful ... do you guys have any advice on how to reduce the pain, apart from painkillers? I don't know if ice, or any sort of tea maybe, might help for example. Also any food you'd recommend to eat, that wouldn't be too challenging? sweat

Thanks!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Dental pain is no joke - hope you get it sorted OK soon.

Wise advice about conf-calls from @sheepdog 👍😁
Message 11 of 34

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I've had one wisdom tooth removed so far but no doubt at least one other will need to be evicted at some point...
When the dentist removed it he also took the molar it was behind because it was so close to the nerve and the molar had been damaged by it.
Rather large hole left behind, and took longer than expected to remove as the molar did not want to go!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 34

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for all the advice and support @JAZZ-trad@jonsie@sheepdog@pgn and @gmarkj!

I have an appointment later today, so should know more then. I'm hoping there won't be a need to take that wisdom tooth out since it terrifies me (even slightly more after reading about some of your experiences Smiley Very Happy), but we'll see grimacing fingers_crossed

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 13 of 34

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

Nothing to bother about.

Dentists are so kind nowadays

and they are very conscious of

their patients worries too.

Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 34

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
As @TallTrees says, dentists are aware that people can be somewhat averse to visiting them and why.
My situation was not the norm apparently - with my fondness to needles it was even more of a job to get me through it.
Plus you have @Martin-O2 and @Marjo to keep your mind off it and keep you busy @EmilieT.
Oh, and the rest of us too!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 15 of 34

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees 

That's the right attitude, I'm gonna try and keep your kind words in mind hugging

@gmarkj 

Thanks for keeping me busy yes, it definitely helps smile I hope you won't have to go back in for another tooth anytime soon yourself fingers_crossed

signature

Message 16 of 34

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope all goes well with your appointment @EmilieT 

Be thinking about you 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 34

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo, much appreciated  smiling

signature

Message 18 of 34

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @ EmilieT
Thinking about you hope all got sorted for you at the dentist yesterday 🥰

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 34

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
@EmilieT might not be at work today or is in late to recover @TallTrees!

Message 20 of 34