Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I shop online for virtually everything nowdays. Amazon never lets me down..or Boots, or Debenhams etc etc etc. I really have gone past the days when a trip out to a large shopping complex to 'do Christmas' was part of the norm. I would rather stick pins in my eyes. LOL

(Though as I say often ...each to their own) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6701 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff I didn't get to watch Supervet yesterday ... I shall watch it tonight

It was brilliant Jane...though they did show quite graphic surgery on a young puppy. It all ended well  though (Just thought I would add that spoiler for you because it is worth watching just to see the end result)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6702 of 7,616

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Christmas is always a bad time for me these last 5 years and that's what I like about being here. Being a Buddhist country celebrations here are very laid back and solely done in the bars and restaurants for foreign visitors with no real difference until the day itself. Skype calling Christmas Day is my only plan. 

Message 6703 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff I didn't get to watch Supervet yesterday ... I shall watch it tonight

It was brilliant Jane...though they did show quite graphic surgery on a young puppy. It all ended well  though (Just thought I would add that spoiler for you because it is worth watching just to see the end result)

Just finished watching it @Cleoriff thank you for the info about the puppy ... he looked in such a sorry state when brought into Noel's consulting room ... luvved the gentleman from Switzerland & his black chihuahua (bad spelling) Frynzie ... 

More info
the little dog's picture with his name & dates were displayed at the end of the programme slight_frown
Message 6704 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Yes Jane....though it was obvious that the little black dog wasn't going to last long. After surgery they could only give him a pain free quality of life....and he had a bit longer with his beloved dog...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6705 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

GOD BLESS THE NHS

Just wished to say the above in response to the work they do at times under arduous circumstances ... had an appointment yesterday for a proceedure ... the unit was running late due to an emergency in the morning & another emergency at the beginning of the afternoon ... together with difficulty printing out the reports for us out-patients to take home

One woman was a professional moaner, using a loud voice persistently complaining about her waiting ... I sorted her out in a slow steady voice, I can use = she called me miserable twice LOL ... I said 'Go Private' ... & she shut up slight_smile when I make a comment about me being unable to do with 'Professional Moaners' Bouncy 

Message 6706 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Good for you Jane. Thing is people don't realise how the day hospital surgical procedure unit works. Yes it's separate to main theatres....but the surgical staff are the same.

If they have a major disaster/incident in overnight...main theatres will be running on overtime....Day theatres will suffer a bit if this happens....waiting for theatre staff to become free. I just think if any of the day unit patients had one of their relatives needing critical life saving surgery in main theatres...woud they moan about having to wait to have an ingrowing toenail removed (for example)

No they wouldn't.......There is a problem with communication though. I think it's down to the staff of the day unit to explain....instead of leaving people in limbo....Rant over....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6707 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info @Cleoriff above  ^  ^  ^  ... I 'woke up' to find the consultant, as named on the report I got ... well, he was holding both my hands gently slight_smile heart ... it is a teaching hospital I go to & I'd, of course, given consent for the 'junior doctor' to do the proceedure as supervised by the consultant slight_smile but it was explained to me that I could have the consultant if I wished 

Cleo' those nurses 'never stopped' on the unit

& that cuppa tea & toast after tasted better than sweet wine & the best steak meal ever hahaha Bouncy

Message 6708 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I have been to our day unit for a number of procedures. I just take a damn good book. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6709 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have been to our day unit for a number of procedures. I just take a damn good book. wink

I can't settle to read, even the magazines they had ... I tried to get lost in mind-numbing ITV quiz shows on the tv, it worked wink

Message 6710 of 7,616