The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7854 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,827
11,826 REPLIES 11,826

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37270 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1699 Solutions

All to do with oxygen, at high and at low levels, and nitrogen:

Apparently the green is from oxygen, the purple from nitrogen and the red possibly from high altitude oxygen.

Amazing.

Nobody seen any triffids since, I trust? 🤔

Message 11741 of 11,827

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Today starts the beginning of the long weekend (for packing!) where we and 'the gang' are off to Yarmouth for our annual Gold rock and Roll weekend. Packing has begun. We go on Thurs- Monday and stay in gold standard caravans. Eat on site. Plenty of great acts and masses of alcohol are involved 😂

Looking forward to it. These are the acts appearing.:

https://www.vhpweekenders.co.uk/totally-60s-70s-80s-24.html 

the afternoon session starts at 2-5pm. Evening 8-12mn. (or later.)

One massive hangover expected. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11742 of 11,827

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2577 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lots of photos of the Northern Lights on the Facebook photography groups I belong to.

Superb photos above @Cleoriff 

I had a good rest @blissgirl thank you ... ... ... it's a case of eating / drinking when I need and resting when I need ... ... ... curl up with a book in my bed rather than downstairs in easy chair with footstool in living room ... ... ... have several books on the go at once = than pick them up again when bored with a particular book and have the knack of continuing where I left off ....... house is filled with books to read ... pass them on when finished. Love books off Amazon Prime is Fine.

Just watched on BBC iPlayer 2 x David Tennant with Catherine Tate Dr Who episodes I have not seen before ... ... ... best Dr Who in my estimation ... ... ... remember very 1st episode - just a little kid then xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11743 of 11,827

blissgirl
  • 7854 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@RunrigForever  I read books aswell slight_smile

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 11744 of 11,827

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Enjoy @Cleoriff ; hopefully it will be more successful than your last caravan holiday. 👍

Programme looks good. 😀

Message 11745 of 11,827

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:

@RunrigForever  I read books aswell slight_smile

I get through about a book per week. 👍

Message 11746 of 11,827

RunrigForever
  • 2577 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently enjoying David Baldacci's 1st book ... = ... Absolute Power ..... apparently Clint Eastwood starred in the film.

Have read a lot of his high octane thrillers. Starting with The Camel Club, which my mum recommended me. Mum also liked historical novels like Jean Plaidy.

What types of book do you like to read @blissgirl @Oxonian 

I know @Cleoriff is a reader of books

Reading takes me into a whole new world. There was a time I was into Sc-Fi / Fantasy - long before the internet.

Have an enjoyable time away @Cleoriff 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11747 of 11,827

blissgirl
  • 7854 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@RunrigForever  I like crime books mostly slight_smile

Message 11748 of 11,827

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

I like psychological thrillers mainly but recently I've been reading fiction about life and love on various Greek Islands. I think I was fed up of our weather so took myself to hot countries. 😂

I love many different authors but anything by TM Logan, Lee Child, JD Robb, Nora Roberts, Colleen Hoover, Paige Toon, Sue Moorcroft takes my fancy. I just love books and reading.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11749 of 11,827

RunrigForever
  • 2577 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff ....... I have bought a few Nora Roberts books off Bookhound a company off Amazon ... not read them yet ... like to buy when I see, if possible ... anyone read the Slow Horses books now on tv with the brilliant Gary Oldman as Jackson Lamb = daren't watch the series on tv as it would spoil my imagination, but it's getting harder not to play catch up tv on it 

Is Nora Roberts the author of tv Vera? I haven't watched any of Brenda Blethyn's portrayal of the central character.

Loved books from an early age when books were expensive and given as gifts on special occasions also we walked up to the village library, now a shop and to the childrens' section. Grammar school reading lists were also helpful as were weekly Junior school book days which was helpful. Enid Blyton was my favourite as a little kid.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11750 of 11,827