The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7904 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,852
11,851 REPLIES 11,851

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Last time I went to a gig @RunrigForever, a young Queen were the support act. 👍 

Message 11721 of 11,852

RunrigForever
  • 2609 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian ..... WOW !

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11722 of 11,852

Oxonian
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RunrigForever 

Yes. 😀

Message 11723 of 11,852

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Talking of gigs, we saw a tribute to the Eagles on Saturday night. (Called The Little Eagles)

They come from Birmingham and are excellent. My other half booked them for the Bowls Club (which holds 100 and it was a sellout)

They did all the Eagles hits and then other 60's covers getting people up to dance.

A great night was had by all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11724 of 11,852

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions
Message 11725 of 11,852

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2609 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff ..... I am tearing up right now thinking of the Eagles song - Lying Eyes - it always does that to me ..... there is a local band here = acoustic which I love on an alternate Sunday afternoon in town at a bar I am comfortable in ... ... ... they also do Neil Young's Harvest Moon = another one which gets me teary ..... they band is a jam session so there could be a fiddle and banjo as well as guitars & they harmonize well and take it in turn to feature solo singing = makes me relaxed and I can sing along to the songs I like.

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the bowling club @Cleoriff 

There is nothing quite like a live music social event.

Music is International & engages the emotions xx slight_smile

[Edit] spelling.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11726 of 11,852

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Sounds like a great night, @Cleoriff 

Is this them?

https://littleeagle.co.uk/

Yes it is @pgn. The guy on the right with blue guitar is the main vocalist and a bit comical, adds a few jokes here and there. The one on the left is a superb guitarist and adds backing vocals.

I told them to get themselves known to Kelvin Ford who runs Yesterday Once More.

https://www.yesterdayoncemore.co.uk/ They do weekenders in Brean, Devon and Liverpool, as well as a week in Benidorm. They would never be out of work if they could get on that circuit.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11727 of 11,852

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@RunrigForever wrote:

@Cleoriff ..... I am tearing up right now thinking of the Eagles song - Lying Eyes - it always does that to me ..... there is a local band here = acoustic which I love on an alternate Sunday afternoon in town at a bar I am comfortable in ... ... ... they also do Neil Young's Harvest Moon = another one which gets me teary ..... they band is a jam session so there could be a fiddle and banjo as well as guitars & they harmonize well and take it in turn to feature solo singing = makes me relaxed and I can sing along to the songs I like.

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the bowling club @Cleoriff 

There is nothing quite like a live music social event.

Music is International & engages the emotions xx slight_smile

[Edit] spelling.

I admit I love Lying Eyes and the crowd were on their feet applauding them when that song finished. They did two encores as well.

I agree with you about live music. Brings back so many memories. Really looking forward to Yarmouth late May.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11728 of 11,852

Oxonian
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

A variation on "live" @Cleoriff is watching the live TV coverage of Glastonbury, which is actually pretty good - or has been in recent years. 👍

But you were clearly referring to "live" as meaning "in-person". 😀

Message 11729 of 11,852

Cleoriff
  • 124345 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I watch that as well @Oxonian.

My eldest son went to Glastonbury for 10 years but hasn't been able to get registered for the last 3 years.

Him and his ex partner took their daughter for 3 years but now they go to the smaller festivals.

Every year, we go with our gang to rock and roll weekends. Marty Wilde at 80+ is still headlining and going strong. The Searchers have 3 of the originals, The Animals play with original drummer, Marmalade (two of the originals) Chris Farlowe is still going strong. Nashville Teens, Ivy League and Vanity Fair. Saw Geno Washington a couple of years back and Cliff Bennett. Dave Berry still performs at these weekends. Also The Fortunes and Foundations. We saw Alvin Stardust two weeks before he died

Sometimes the groups we see are well known but probably have only one or two of the original members.

The rest are tribute acts but really good. Two of the best are Electric Light Experience (tribute to ELO) and

Showmaddymaddy. Just great to get away for 4 days and listen to live music from 2-5pm and 7-12mn. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11730 of 11,852