The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8583 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff ; @Glory1 ; @jonsie 

so I guess Killing Eve won`t be nominated for Room 101 then ? Whistle

Definitely not scream

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4321 of 12,007

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125895 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff ; @Glory1 ; @jonsie 

so I guess Killing Eve won`t be nominated for Room 101 then ? Whistle

No...It won a Bafta and quite rightly so.... Brilliant series.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4322 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Blonde Bomber Buffoon Boris gets the Conservative Party leadership / Prime Minister ... then All Is Lost ... he presents sooo poorly on eg BBC Radio Four ... = ... all umm's erm's arr's ... a right pain to try to listen to 

Sack 'em all in both houses & start all over again ... in the meantime The Palace of Westminster can be repaired ... I've no truck will all these pointless committees and reports

Or, send the last man Jack of them somewhere bleak up North in a dilapidated warehouse and minimum wage for all 

Yes, I do care ... & ... I'm ruddy well sick of them all *rant over* 

Message 4323 of 12,007

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

I liked satchmo very trad.jazz

On the lighter side I am very fond of Country and Western!

Thank you for your message and all sounds great you enjoyed it that's the main thing.

There might be a revival into Jazz but I don't know which type as there are many forms.

Some liked George Melly. 

I tend not to follow Jazz nowadays did it all in my youth!

Message 4324 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your post @JAZZ-trad 

I came to trad jazz / swing late ... musically I'm in the 60's ... I went with a friend to the local trad jazz club to keep her company ... & ... I hated the music, every song sounded the same LOL

However, shortly after, through my friend I got a free ticket for a week away in Fuerteventura featuring a semi-pro band ... & ... was hooked ... it helped that I was taught ballroom & latin american dancing when younger

I made a lot of good friends & had enjoyable times ... some friends I'm still in touch with ... I don't tend to play my cd's or cassette tapes anymore though ... = ... dunno why ?

Thank you for an interesting 'conversation' music

Message 4325 of 12,007

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello @Anonymous I was trying to put my old jazz cassette tapes on to CD but lost the will to live😁 They were getting stretched and deteriorating.
I had a large collection of Vynil 78s of trad jazz lent them out to a friend for a jazz session on a boat never got them back. Lost overboard I was told. Many many Years ago now but never forgotten. Much later I bought some cassette tapes and enjoyed a listen now and then.
Glad you enjoyed the experience of jazz.
Thanks too for the chat
Message 4326 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @JAZZ-trad 

Lovely to 'chat' with you 

My gran Dorothy (Dot) taught me 'Neither a borrower nor a lender be'

I remember lending out a book on Princess Diana which I never got back ... & ... a inspirational book on paper pattern cutting for dressmaking which I also never got back ... like you say not forgotten

I used to be a good 'bodger' which in my family means needlework not making a bodj job of something LOL ... sadly now my needlework items including a Singer sewing machine in a cabinet were given away because I have lost dexterity in both hands ... I have kept some sentimental things including some very old crochet hooks from my gran who taught me to crochet because my mum is left handed ... her left hand was tied to a chair in Primary school, everything else but writing my mum leads with her left hand

Please may I make a suggestion @JAZZ-trad ... there is an O2 community feature called 'Spotlight' where members let it be known things about themselves on the Community ... most of the regular posters have participated ... however ... it isn't for all ... because some people value their privacy ... may I put it to you, considering you are a comparitive new member of the O2 Community, that you may be interested in doing a Spotlight feature of your own ... @Marjo / @EmilieT  are the Admin ladies to contact via private message if you're interested ... this is just an off the cuff idea of mine ... no pressure ... you may like to look up the regular posters to get to know us more ... I hope I have not done anything wrong in putting this, my idea, to you ... please will you excuse me if I've embarrased / offended you in any way 

Sorry you have had some difficulty in putting your 'relaxed' jazz tapes onto cd ... it isn't something I could manage to do ... because ... I'm a bit of a tech numpty LOL

Hope you're having an enjoyable day @JAZZ-trad music

Message 4327 of 12,007

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy birthday @ComaChameleon, and a happy birthday to your mum as well @Anonymous  cake smiling sunflower

Cupcakes

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4328 of 12,007

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Happy Birthday @ComaChameleon, have a lovely day

10d45bb2459c2b504838c7898f75c4ba.jpg

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4329 of 12,007