cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: How many apps do you use on your phone?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Because there are apps for every little thing and every single event these days, I end up downloading way more apps than I actually use. I'm sure some of you can relate to that wink

So this time around, we thought it would be very interesting to see how many apps we each use on our phone, out of the many we've got installed! You might be really good at keeping your phone tidy and your apps list minimal, or use it for everything and have tons of great apps you use on a regular basis! 

You don't need to be registered or signed in to take part in the poll, but you'll need to register in order to to participate in the discussion below.

I'm very curious to see the replies on this one - you can discuss it further in the comments below as usual, and I'll share the results in a week or so smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Oh and 83 on iPad. 👍28E039CE-9650-4D7E-8242-92FC8D2AA734.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 11 of 27

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have 84 (self-installed) apps on my phone.

Some of them I only use at work or in vacation tho.

But every of them I would just let installed as I have enough space on my phone Dance

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 12 of 27

ClassicRando
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just upgraded to my oneplus 6 and copied over almost 170 apk files (app files) that are not stock rom apps, I'd say I use 30 or so daily with another 15 constantly running in the background, then I have 60 to 70 apps like netflix that I'll use once or twice a week and a further 50 ish that get used anywhere from once a month (ie qr readers etc) to once every 3 months, if an app goes 3 months with no use I delete it.
And if you haven't guessed yet I live on my phone(and pc), it's how I earn money, keep up with the news, entertain myself while not at home, it's how I manage my calendar, with my watch I monitor my sleep cycles and heart rate, and how I navigate from other towns and cities to other countries, i control my heating, lights, TV, remotely access my pc, my security lights, cameras and even how I answer the front door (very handy if you want to pretend you're not at home 😂).
In short my phone runs my life for me.
Oh, I also occasionally make calls with it too.
Message 13 of 27

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@ClassicRando Welcome to th forum 😀👍

Calls I hear you say,  what’s them now a days lol.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 14 of 27

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@ClassicRando wrote:
I just upgraded to my oneplus 6 and copied over almost 170 apk files (app files) that are not stock rom apps, I'd say I use 30 or so daily with another 15 constantly running in the background, then I have 60 to 70 apps like netflix that I'll use once or twice a week and a further 50 ish that get used anywhere from once a month (ie qr readers etc) to once every 3 months, if an app goes 3 months with no use I delete it.
And if you haven't guessed yet I live on my phone(and pc), it's how I earn money, keep up with the news, entertain myself while not at home, it's how I manage my calendar, with my watch I monitor my sleep cycles and heart rate, and how I navigate from other towns and cities to other countries, i control my heating, lights, TV, remotely access my pc, my security lights, cameras and even how I answer the front door (very handy if you want to pretend you're not at home 😂).
In short my phone runs my life for me.
Oh, I also occasionally make calls with it too.

Welcome to the madhouse @ClassicRando Welcome

I like that 'occasionally you make calls'. Like you I rarely use my phone to make calls. I use my phone as others use their PC. So like you I live on my phone, though you've found more inventive ways to use your phone than me. Impressive Hero

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 15 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 16 of 27

ClassicRando
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why thank you, nice of you to say, I'd like to take credit for being inventive, but the truth is most of how I use my phone was born of necessity, like answering the door, i buy of amazon 2 or 3 times a week, so if I couldn't use a ring video doorbell and a smartlock I'd never be able to leave the house, I'm just grateful phones have developed to the point where you can control your life as if you were at home or in the office while on holiday etc.
Message 17 of 27

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@darrengf @Glory1

It's a good rule to delete unused apps regularly, it avoids clutter for sure smiley

@Cleoriff

Do you "spring clean" regularly or are apps going to start piling up after you use the new phone for a few more weeks/months? 

@ComaChameleon 

joy I guess that's a good point, as long as you have enough space and don't feel overwhelmed, why delete any app, it could always be useufl someday ... i'd like to say that's why I have so many unused apps on my phone as well, but I think it's more because I'm too lazy to go through them and mass-delete some thinking

@ClassicRando

Wow that's impressive - sounds like you have some really great apps there! I remember seeing online that you could buy a kettle controlled by an app. So when it was tea time you could get the kettle boiling from your couch and only get up when it was ready to be poured ... is this something you have or have tried? Oh and welcome to the forum Wave sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122794 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I delete when I don't use them much @EmilieT.

Some people insist on storing their apps in folders (like @jonsie). I cant be doing with that nonsense joy

All my apps are on display in alphabetical order.

However this Note 8 has put some apps in their own folders!  The cheek!

Mind you I don't mind too much as I rarely use them. Google apps, Microsoft Apps, and Samsung apps (except Google,) though I have those as standalone apps as well.wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 27

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I delete when I don't use them much @EmilieT.

Some people insist on storing their apps in folders (like @jonsie). I cant be doing with that nonsense joy

All my apps are on display in alphabetical order.

However this Note 8 has put some apps in their own folders!  The cheek!

Mind you I don't mind too much as I rarely use them. Google apps, Microsoft Apps, and Samsung apps (except Google,) though I have those as standalone apps as well.wink

What.....? Wounded to the core! Your Note 4 sent me me a message saying thank god someone is utilising all my capabilities LOL

Message 20 of 27