Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Annmarie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i ordered a new contract iPhone 6s on mobile phones direct the contract price was £7.50 per month but the my02 app says its £24 a month, please can you sort this before the contract is used...
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Annmarie 

I've found the details of your offer:

6s.JPG

As you will see, I have highlighted the words "£24 Before Cashback"

The information on their website states:

Cashback

This deal benefits from £396.00 cashback provided by Mobile Phones Direct which will reduce the standard monthly line rental by £16.50 per month when divided over the 24 month term of the network contract.

The cashback is claimable by instalments in months 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 and instructions on how to claim will be provided with your order.

Please check your order details from Mobiles Direct to see how to claim but you should be aware that O2 will bill you a standard tariff rate of £24 every month.

If this is not acceptable to you, you can cancel within 14 days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi @Annmarie 

This is a customer community with no access to your account.

Please call customer service in the morning and ask them to explain the monthly charges.

You have a 14 day change of mind period and if you aren't happy with the contract you need to cancel and return everything to the retailer. 

If you got a handset with the contract you would be paying for that too. £7.50 would be airtime. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Annmarie 

I would also check with mobiles direct as there may be a discount or cashback deal that you need to apply for.

If the offer is still being advertised, post a link and we can look at it for an explanation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the community @Annmarie!

I hope you find the advice above useful, and if you have any other questions, please let us know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Annmarie 

I've found the details of your offer:

6s.JPG

As you will see, I have highlighted the words "£24 Before Cashback"

The information on their website states:

Cashback

This deal benefits from £396.00 cashback provided by Mobile Phones Direct which will reduce the standard monthly line rental by £16.50 per month when divided over the 24 month term of the network contract.

The cashback is claimable by instalments in months 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 and instructions on how to claim will be provided with your order.

Please check your order details from Mobiles Direct to see how to claim but you should be aware that O2 will bill you a standard tariff rate of £24 every month.

If this is not acceptable to you, you can cancel within 14 days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5