cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract end date

Anonymous
Not applicable

when the contract runs out at the end of your plan ive just found out that o2 will carry on billing you regardless, unless you give 30 days notice,o2 cannot charge you for out of date contracts as there is no legal binding after the end date,check out BBC watchdog for more info on this and other related infomation .

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147176 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

I've highlighted the relevant part for you:

3. How long this Agreement lasts

• 3.1 This Agreement starts when we accept your application (the day you receive your SIM Card) or, if you don't receive your SIM Card when you sign up (for instance if you buy online), on the day your SIM Card is dispatched.
  • 3.2 At the end of any Minimum Period this Agreement will continue until it's ended by you or us in line with paragraph 8.2 below. This Agreement may end before the end of any Minimum Period if you or we end it in line with paragraphs 5 or 8 or under any Related Agreement.

Taken from here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That has always been the case with O2, you have had to give 30 days notice to end the contract or it rolls on month by month.

From the T&Cs :

3.2 At the end of any Minimum Period this Agreement will continue until it's ended by you or us in line with paragraph 8.2 below.

8.2 This Agreement can be ended by either you or by us giving at least 30 days' Notice (in line with paragraph 19). You must pay us any outstanding Charges incurred during the Agreement.

Are you/Watchdog saying they can't do this even though you agreed and signed a contract?

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi legaleagle and welcome to the Community.

Please refer to the terms and conditions you sign up to when entering into your contract. These confirm a 30 day notice requirement.

How would you feel if networks just cut you off and you needed to make urgent calls? Most people want their connection to continue in some form.

Recommend checking of facts when posting to public forums.
Message 3 of 18

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I believe every network provider does this, after contract term is finished, to make sure you still can receive a service, your agreement becomes a 30 day rolling contract.
This is how it worked when I last cancelled a contract with Vodafone in 1998
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

As the previously left replies say from o2's Terms and Conditions 30 days notice or a Pac Code has to be requested and used within 30 days, I'm interested in what you have seen.

To support your statement please would you post a Link to the information you state.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
All networks do this. You can then either upgrade, change to a rolling sim only plan or give notice to disconnect. I don't think anyone would be happy to be cut off at the end of their contract!
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 147176 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Please come back and let us know what Watchdog says about this wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem which boils down to the question as to whether the notice period (30 days) applies out of contract. The O2 webpages imply that it only applies to cancellation in-contract but the muppets in the cancellation team tell me that it appplies both in contract and after the contract ends. The CAB page on cancellation tells us that automatic contract renewals are now illegal, and notice periods (MAY) apply for in-contract cancellation. I would have thought that out of contract O2 are lucky to get any subscriptions and shouldn't apply the 30 day notice period. What's the general experience?

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 147176 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
The reference to automatic renewals doesn't apply as you move to a rolling 30 day contract once the min term is met, so yes, 30 days notice still applies.
As stated previously on here, using your PAC assures account cancellation and will generate your final months bill
Any unused credit from the final bill can be returned to your bank account.
Message 10 of 18