Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE Customer Service Via Online Chat

ISpeakEnglish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Below is a transcript of my earlier chat with O2:

Beni: Hi there. My name's Beni I am an O2 Re-Contract advisor, how can I help you today?

James: Hi there, when I reached the end of my last contract with you a couple of years ago, somebody at o2 rang me to say that as I was no longer in contract I would no longer have to pay the subsidy for the handset and therefore my bills were made much lower - will this be the case this time around as I am due for an upgrade tomorrow and would like to know where I stand.

Beni: Sure.

Beni: Can I’ve your full name and O2 mobile number?

James: James ****** - 07855 ******

Beni: Thanks

Beni: What kind of deal you are looking

James: As above, I wasn't entered into a deal as such, it was just said (by O2) that as I had now completed the term of my contract I was no longer paying for the handset and therefore my bills were lowered. Will you do that again?

Beni: You are looking a handset deal or without handset deal.

James: Do you speak English?

Beni: Yes.

James: Where are you based?

Beni: As i have checked your account you are paying £30 monthly.

James: Are you actually reading what I am typing???

Beni: Your upgrade date is 14/09/2013.

James: WHAT?? Can you please answer my question!!!

Beni: You dont want to pay for handset.

James: Hi there, when I reached the end of my last contract with you a couple of years ago, somebody at o2 rang me to say that as I was no longer in contract I would no longer have to pay the subsidy for the handset and therefore my bills were made much lower - will this be the case this time around as I am due for an upgrade tomorrow and would like to know where I stand.

O2 has ended this chat session.

SORT YOUR STAFF OUT O2!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I experienced this today they don't answer your question rather than copy and paste a generic response and when you ask them why they haven't answered your question you get the same generic message. 

Message 11 of 11