Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE Customer Service Via Online Chat

ISpeakEnglish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Below is a transcript of my earlier chat with O2:

Beni: Hi there. My name's Beni I am an O2 Re-Contract advisor, how can I help you today?

James: Hi there, when I reached the end of my last contract with you a couple of years ago, somebody at o2 rang me to say that as I was no longer in contract I would no longer have to pay the subsidy for the handset and therefore my bills were made much lower - will this be the case this time around as I am due for an upgrade tomorrow and would like to know where I stand.

Beni: Sure.

Beni: Can I’ve your full name and O2 mobile number?

James: James ****** - 07855 ******

Beni: Thanks

Beni: What kind of deal you are looking

James: As above, I wasn't entered into a deal as such, it was just said (by O2) that as I had now completed the term of my contract I was no longer paying for the handset and therefore my bills were lowered. Will you do that again?

Beni: You are looking a handset deal or without handset deal.

James: Do you speak English?

Beni: Yes.

James: Where are you based?

Beni: As i have checked your account you are paying £30 monthly.

James: Are you actually reading what I am typing???

Beni: Your upgrade date is 14/09/2013.

James: WHAT?? Can you please answer my question!!!

Beni: You dont want to pay for handset.

James: Hi there, when I reached the end of my last contract with you a couple of years ago, somebody at o2 rang me to say that as I was no longer in contract I would no longer have to pay the subsidy for the handset and therefore my bills were made much lower - will this be the case this time around as I am due for an upgrade tomorrow and would like to know where I stand.

O2 has ended this chat session.

SORT YOUR STAFF OUT O2!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We always advocate circumventing live chat. They are ok for low level general enquiries.

Always ring 02 on 202 contract or 4445 payg if you need to speak to someone.

When your contact has run full te you drop onto a 30 day rolling contract and your upgrade status remains until you want it.

Your contract monthly fee does not reduce afaik
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions
Message 3 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

log in to myo2 on a computer and you should see the options you can chose on a simplicity 30 day paln

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Strange question to ask really, nobody can say for sure what will happen at the end of a new contract in 2 years time.

You must assume the monthly cost will not drop as they stopped doing this last year.

O2 have introduced Refresh contracts to solve this issue where paying off the phone means you can either take a new contract, or continue paying for the airtime only.

Sounds like what you are looking for:

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

perksie - you've hit the nail on the head - so why couldn't the chat adviser have figured that out!?

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh my god, wow. Can't believe he cut you off. Haha I loved your response.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because they live in India and get paid the equivalent of about 2 quid an hour?

Message 8 of 11

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I worked for Tesco Call centre Head Office in Dundee and they had a trial run in India

Took them a few weeks to pull the plug, people that were irate got even more irate speaking to people who didn't understand english

Good on Tesco for doing this and keeping jobs in the UK, maybe o2 should take a leaf out of Tesco's book
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 phones on contract and have never had any help at all from on line chat I have been cut off  clearly not had the message typed read while they have "worked through" their script. Why I am I still with o2? Simples.. good and helpful phone service and good local shop backup  I would never even for a basic query try the chat service its a shame but it is really not fit for purpose.

Message 10 of 11