cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung burn update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received a text from Samsung advising me that the phone is out of warranty and to call into the shop for details.
Called into the shop and was told I have to pay £89.99 repairs as the screen was cracked. I was quite. surprised as my orginal complaint was that the top of the phone overheated and I heard a cracking noise. No one to date has mentioned the scar on my thumb nor contacted me from either Samsung or o2. Classy customer service! I do not have £90 nor will I continue to pay the monthly sub. Let's see how long it takes them to contact me then.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do not cancel anything otherwise you will end up with a default on your credit score which will stay there for at least 6 years

Try this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 2 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147418 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions
Out of warranty because of age or because it was down to damage or non approved battery or charger?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 22

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23592 Posts
  • 1037 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

If you stop paying your monthly subscription, your account will be suspended, your phone will be cut off, you'll still owe what's left on your contract, and you'll have a default put on your credit, as @Anonymous has said. The only one you hurt by going that route is yourself. Lodging a formal complaint is your only recourse.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Out of warranty because of damage apparently as there's still 10 months left on the contract.
Samsung and o2 are not working together and I'm the loser.
I worked in customer services and this is bad service. O2 should refund the 10+ days Internet I've paid for but did not receive. Samsung should repair the phone as a goodwill gesture. I don't expect an apology from anyone for the scar I now have on my thumb. The phone NOT the battery overheated to such a degree that it cracked the screen. That is not my fault...
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 147418 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions
I'm sure you won't agree with me (and I don't expect you to) but if the phone had been damage previously and not repaired or at least checked, neither Samsung, nor O2 can be responsible.
I do sympathise with your situation but given the facts, I don't think you have any chance of a free repair.
You only option is to claim off any insurance you may have or buy a new phone.
Sorry about your thumb too. Hope it heals OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone was not damaged earlier, I'm 56 years old and the phone was only used to contact my family, I'm being completely honest and no one is listening to me. I'm disabled and used the phone mainly for texts and emails
Message 7 of 22

MI5
  • 147418 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions
OK, so can you get any proof from Samsung as to what they think the damage was?
Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 124446 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I am a bit confused here. I read back your previous thread and you made no mention of a cracked screen? http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Samsung-phone-overheated-and-burned-my-hand/td-p/962199  

In fact you said the phone wasn't charging but burnt your hand when you picked it up. When did the screen crack?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 93403 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6991 Solutions
Message 10 of 22